Who are You All? (UWOL) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old December 3rd, 2007, 11:46 AM   #16
Wrangler

just think, such an easy theme that even a 7 year old can do it....what a relief from NIGHT....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 12:02 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Easy for the kids doesn't always mean it's easy for the adults too.
The kids usually have a very bright imagination, and are really creative.

Can't wait to February.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 04:58 PM   #18
Trustee

Hey Per, I turn 59 in March, the 26th of March. Maybe if things work out next year we can celebrate your 50th and my 60th in Oslo!!!! Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 05:02 PM   #19
Trustee

My dad tells me that I'm old enough to know better but young enough to still give a damn.

Not quite sure just what the heck that means but oh well. :)
Old December 4th, 2007, 12:03 AM   #20
Major Player

I am 44 years old, Motorcycle workshop manager.Got my first camera in June this year and am having a whole lot of fun with it.
John Dennis Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2007, 04:07 AM   #21
Trustee

52 going on 90 (my kids reckon I'm a grumpy old ...)

I'm an actor/shopkeeper (day job) who started a short film group to help young people in the area - I've ended up getting hooked on the behind the camera action and I think this group is a great way to learn for me.

I've got 3 doco's in the planning and we shoot our first film on the 13th (with the help of Per Johan) - hows that work? just wait and see.
Old December 4th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #22
Trustee

Hi guys:

These are all really interesting entries! I am amazed that you all can be so explicit about your lives in a sentence or two. How do guys do this! I think it is the same with memos at work. Women tend to be really wordy. I actually entered in but decided not to post it because it turned out to be a couple of paragraphs .... way too long for anyone's taste!

Oh and my age? Well, let's just say I'm somewhere between the outlying ages of the UWOL group of 15.5 and 69, and I'm lots younger than I was 5 years ago! HA! That should be vague enough don't you think?

Here's to an easy kick-off theme in February!

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #23
Major Player

Good God, most of us are older than dirt!

Retired early ten years ago, went fishing. Run a boat in Panama City, Panama hence Billfish Adventures TV (big disappointment that was) and do some work for the outfitters I hunt with.

Would love to get paid for doing this just once, but in the mean time having a ball hanging out here.

Jim
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2007, 12:06 PM   #24
Major Player

Well, I'm not the youngest or oldest here, and will leave it at that. I used to study primates (mainly monkeys) and find this has provided me with valuable skills for everything else I've done :)

Ruth
Old December 4th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #25
New Boot

me

Hi all! I am 31 years old and teach English at Erciyes University. I've been busying myself with my camera for a year now. Hope to take part in next UWOLs :) I think I am the only one from Turkey so far .....
Old December 4th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #26
New Boot

hi I'll be 21 next month, I'm here because I have just completed the change to HD (TV,Bluray,Camcorder-HV10)
I'm looking foward to learning what I need to about editing in HD since i'm going to be venturing into making hobbyist productions.
Thaddeus Sylvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2007, 09:40 AM   #27
Wrangler

look here, another lurker de-lurking...i love it when that happens. welcome, thaddeus! we hope you join us for the february Challenge round. it's going to be loads of fun. it will be cold in Connecticut, i'm imagining.

i love my little HV10--looking forward to seeing what you can put together with it....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #28
Major Player

I’m a 59 year old computer programmer in Tomball, TX (Northwest edge of Houston), masquerading as a videographer. After shooting a few weddings with my Sony DCR-TRV103 I decided I would go HD. I got my Sony HVR-A1U in November 2006. I’ve had a great time leaning the ins and outs of HDV.

Weddings help pay for the equipment, but nature documentaries are what I spend most of my time shooting. I made two challenges (3 & 4). My A1U was in for repair during 5 & 6. Even though I missed the last two, I’ve really learned a lot from the experience. My goals for 2008 are to make all the challenges, and upgrade to an FX7 or V1U. A man’s got to have a dream.
Old December 6th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #29
Major Player

I'm 42. Broke my back in a racing wreck eight years ago so now parts of me are 80. I still dream like I'm 8. It's taken me 20 years to get to where I can build with a hammer and saw - what I see in my mind. I got into videography a year ago and the dream keeps growing. It's clean, engulfed in sound, and rich with color. If I can realize it, I plan to slide the tool belt off for good.

I've never entered a UWOL challenge. Watched enough to know I'm eclipsed so far. But the only guarantee you get in life, is when you give up.

I'll see you guys in February ; )
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 10:58 AM   #30
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gulbransen View Post
now parts of me are 80. I still dream like I'm 8.
That's such an awesome attitude!

Quote:
I'll see you guys in February ; )
Looking forward to it! ;) Seems you've got the right attitude there, too ;)

Meryem? How many lurkers delurking in February are we up to now? ;)

C

PS - I only count as half of one now... February/March are going to be crazy.... but I'm going to do my best to delurk with this crowd! ;) At the very least, this job starting Feb 15th will finance me through the next UWOL or two after that!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge