DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Who are You All? (UWOL) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/109336-who-you-all-uwol.html)

Meryem Ersoz December 2nd, 2007 10:25 AM

Who are You All? (UWOL)

at the end of our first year...

We made 144 3-minute films.

Six out of seven continents are represented in films. (All continents except Antarctica, somebody should get busy with that...). We have films from 15 different countries.

16 of the 50 United States are represented (I'm not quite sure how to effectively represent states/provinces/etc. from countries other than my own....).

Our youngest player is sixteen. Our oldest player is 60-something, but I'm just guessing a little here. If you're older than that, send me a private e-mail, I promise I won't tell...or, if you're not shy, post it here, and we'll give you the admiration you deserve for still stomping around the wilder-wild with all your gear.

At least eighty different animal species represented (I kind of lost track of that one at some point, too, there's probably quite a few more....).

Just thought you might like to know. A big thank you to everyone who ever played along, from one-time players to full-year finishers, you created quite a remarkable global village. The world on your laptop....

Bruce Foreman December 2nd, 2007 07:07 PM

I turned 69 in September.

Carl Middleton December 2nd, 2007 07:12 PM

I'm a videographer in Florida, trying to move from local TV commercials/cheesy adventure videography to nature documentary film work and such meaningful things. I haven't done a UWOL yet, I watched the last one to get a feel for it, I'll jump in in 2008! :)

I've posted something fairly close to UWOL for feedback earlier, actually, here:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=109370
Looking forward to getting to know you guys! :)

Well, that's who I am. Who are the rest of you? :)
Carl

Chris Barcellos December 2nd, 2007 09:12 PM

I hit 57 in August...

Kevin Railsback December 2nd, 2007 09:25 PM

Welcome Carl!

Look forward to having you join us in 2008!

I checked out the site you had your videos on but it requires Divx to see the videos.

Meryem Ersoz December 2nd, 2007 10:46 PM

when is your birthday, bruce? we'll have to have a little cake and candles or something...then we can say that our MVP (Most Venerable Player) is in his 70s, woo hoo...

not that i'm trying to push you along or anything!

and carl, looking forward to seeing what you can knock out in february...should be a fun (uh, and easy...) round with a lot of new players.

Gabriel Yeager December 2nd, 2007 10:59 PM

I think I'll take credit for the youngest player... Even though I have not been the most active, good, or anything of that matter.

I'm fifteen (and a half, but that does not matter).

Maybe I'll get to join you guys again in '08.
~Gabriel

Bryce Comer December 3rd, 2007 01:14 AM

Well i'm 21 & a bit!

Hmm, do i have to tell how big the bit is? Let's just say that it's not how old you are, but how young you feel when you're out there in all that nature making wildlife films. :)

Bryce

Per Johan Naesje December 3rd, 2007 03:13 AM

I'm 48, 49 next March, approaching 50 soon.... huuu where are those years gone...
But as Anne-Kari use to say to me: "Time is not passing, Time is coming..."

Anyway feel like 29 still.... (have to with my Gear!)

Trond Saetre December 3rd, 2007 03:58 AM

I'm 32, until July next year...

So far UWOL is the most serious videos I have made, and I'm looking forward to many more to come.
When I'm not out looking for something to catch on tape, I work as an air traffic controller.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager (Post 786175)
... I'll get to join you guys again in '08.

Gabriel, I deleted the "maybe" from your statement. Hope you don't mind.
So now you have to join us again in 08!! :)
We need your films too.

Dave Robinson December 3rd, 2007 05:02 AM

I've not managed to actually get a UWOL video finished yet but I thought I'd say hello anyway.

I've just turned 27, I live in North Wales, UK.

Geir Inge December 3rd, 2007 05:21 AM

Hmmm, age.... such a profanely thing.
But I'm turning 48 in a few days, we have to celebrate together in 2009 Per Johan.

Meryem: your rundown of the year 2007 is a big WOW, great to know that we've been part of it :)

Geir Inge

Markus Nord December 3rd, 2007 09:54 AM

28 year old swede that ben filming UW since 2003.

Meryem Ersoz December 3rd, 2007 09:56 AM

you made four films for the Challenge this year, gabe, that's not something to sniff at...we had eight (i think, or was it nine?) players finish all six Challenges, out of something like 60 or 70 total players. you and kevin posted the same number of films, so you're in some pretty good company. it was you i was thinking of when i said our youngest player was 16, i didn't realize that you're fifteen. even more impressive!

i think it is pretty funny that everyone is taking this opportunity to step up to the age confessional. i didn't expect it, but it is actually rather interesting to the see the range of ages, to see us old folks beating the pants off, er...ah, i mean playing alongside a lot of younger players. that's another cool thing.

i may see if i can get my 7 year old to make something for this in the next round..she likes to shoot things. she can't edit, but she likes shooting. it gives me a heart attack when i let her hold my camera though, i may have to break down and buy her a cheapie DV cam of her own. that's a thought...

Trond Saetre December 3rd, 2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 785838)
at the end of our first year...
We made 144 3-minute films.

And behind all these films we have a lot of combined experience!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 786420)
i may see if i can get my 7 year old to make something for this in the next round..she likes to shoot things. she can't edit, but she likes shooting. it gives me a heart attack when i let her hold my camera though...

Hmm, I wonder what the next theme can be...
"Scared moms"?? ;)