DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #7 Sign-Up Thread...A New Year Begins! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/113092-uwol-7-sign-up-thread-new-year-begins.html)

Andrew K. Setter January 25th, 2008 08:56 AM

My first UWOL.. I can't wait! Count me in.

-Andrew

Brian McKay January 25th, 2008 09:17 AM

This will be number 7...damn challenge is like a drug...you just got to have it.

I'm in......Brian

Catherine Russell January 25th, 2008 01:07 PM

What's up with this? You posted this yesterday afternoon and already 32 people have signed on? You would think we're all ready to jump in wouldn't you say? Okay then, count me out... too many people, too much talent.... HA! JUST KIDDING! Count me in for sure.

Brian, have you been able to step outside yet? Perhaps this first challenge you could simply submit 3 minutes of a white screen and the wind howling.... but I hope not! Hope you are surviving the elements up there!

Now, what could this first theme be?

Cat

Andrew K. Setter January 25th, 2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Russell (Post 814228)
Now, what could this first theme be?

Hopefully not snow.. it sounds like several of you have seen all you can stand of it for awhile. As for us Okies, all we're getting is ice.

Steve Siegel January 25th, 2008 05:38 PM

ready to try again.

Jeff Hendricks January 25th, 2008 07:29 PM

... i am in

jeff

Brian McKay January 25th, 2008 08:56 PM

Cat all is well weather has improved cold and clear...sorry Meryem way off topic.

Thanks for asking Cat. I'm praying for an indoor theme or my entry may be a short, short.

Brian

Chris Hayden January 25th, 2008 09:58 PM

First time for everything! I'll give it a try!
Thanks!

Grant Sherman January 26th, 2008 01:36 AM

Count me in.

Michael Wisniewski January 26th, 2008 05:15 AM

I don't truly understand this contest, but what they heck, I'll try it out just to see. Count me in.

Trond Saetre January 26th, 2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Wisniewski (Post 814611)
I don't truly understand this contest,...

Michael, and to all the newcomers, it's very nice to have you with us. Welcome to the uwol friendship!
We are a bunch of people in addition to Meryem who can answer any questions you might have.
The most important is to get out in the nature, and follow rule #11, "Have fun"!

Dale Guthormsen January 26th, 2008 07:43 AM

Good Morning,

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO # 7.

I AM GOING TO BE A CONFORMIST AND EVEN GET THE NAMING CONVENTION RIGHT THIS TIME!!!

i HAVE A FEW IDEAS IN MIND, NOW JUST HOPE i CAN FIT THEM TO THE THEME!!!

I AM IN!!!

Meryem Ersoz January 26th, 2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trond Saetre (Post 814630)
We are a bunch of people in addition to Meryem

..."in addition to Meryem",

--who only masqerades as a person but is actually an alien life form from planet Q in a distant galaxy far away, sent to planet E to test the players with bizarre theme ideas and study their responses--

Michael, check the first paragraph on our website: www.uwolchallenge.com--that should help a little...

we conceived this as a "nature and outdoors" contest and then learned that even our core concept can have a very broad, unanticipated interpretation (right, Steven? our Disney World shooter-in-residence...).

"Our world, your vision".....from anywhere and everywhere on the planet.

Mike Blumberg January 26th, 2008 10:02 AM

Count me in.

I will get this one completed

Steven Gotz January 26th, 2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 814663)
..."right, Steven? our Disney World shooter-in-residence..."

I imagine I stretch the concept about as far as it can be stretched. You bet. My idea of the "Great Outdoors" is probably pretty warped, but they treat me nice around here anyway! ;-)