DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #7 Theme Announcement...This Way to the Rabbit Hole! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/113724-uwol-7-theme-announcement-way-rabbit-hole.html)

Meryem Ersoz February 1st, 2008 09:46 AM

UWOL #7 Theme Announcement...This Way to the Rabbit Hole!

It can be a big one. It can be a small one. It can be internal. It can be external. Under water, over land, anywhere in the world, as promised.

To kick off the new year, I'm sending you and your camera on an:

ADVENTURE

So get out there and shoot something!

More instructions, as usual, will be forthcoming in e-mail, as soon as I get all your sign-ups collated. Best of luck to all players, old and new.

Entries will be judged as usual, for excellence of presentation but also for how the theme is implemented.

Deadline is midnight, February 22, anywhere in the world!

Geir Inge February 1st, 2008 09:49 AM

Good morning to you Meryem.

What a great theme, you are something :)

Wish every uwoler, new and old, good luck!

Geir Inge

Kevin Railsback February 1st, 2008 10:02 AM

Whoo Hoo!!! Away we go!!!

Victor Wilcox February 1st, 2008 10:07 AM

Video. It's not a job, it's an ADVENTURE.

Per Johan Naesje February 1st, 2008 10:16 AM

Wow, what a theme!! I'm up for one of mye big Adventures this Year, leaving town next monday, what a challenge this gonna be!

Good luck to everyone....!

Steven Gotz February 1st, 2008 10:16 AM

Well, Disney's Magic Kingdom has an Adventureland. I wonder if I can find something there? Hmmm. Adventure. For the first time, nothing comes to mind. This could be tough.

Vegard Paulsen February 1st, 2008 10:17 AM

This sounds like an adventure

Rob Evans February 1st, 2008 10:19 AM

The canvas is wide and blank, with so many possibilities ;-)

Mat Thompson February 1st, 2008 10:21 AM

Sounds much like my mind at the moment....specifically the 'blank' bit :-)

Vegard Paulsen February 1st, 2008 10:24 AM

as a newbie its easy to misunderstand the theme. hehe
First i thought the theme was the rabbithole ;)

Annie Haycock February 1st, 2008 10:37 AM

Yeah, it got me thinking about an adventure down a rabbit hole too! I can just see the white rabbit, looking at his pocket watch and wondering why everyone is late . . . .

(Alice's adventures in wonderland, for the uninitiated)

Meryem Ersoz February 1st, 2008 10:44 AM

actually, i had in mind the 1990s classic film THE MATRIX, which of course was alluding to Alice in Wonderland...

"You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes...."

the thing about running an international contest, not everyone gets the popular allusions to the same movies...

but i don't let that stop me!

can't wait to see what you all start cooking. look out for mat, though, when he says he can't think of anything, that is when he is most dangerous....he's probably out there researching gyro stabilizers for the RC helicopter that he plans to build, or some such....

Bob Thieda February 1st, 2008 10:46 AM

Okey Dokey!....Too bad I didn't know this morning...
After the snow we had....my drive to work this morning was quite the adventure....

Catherine Russell February 1st, 2008 10:51 AM

Good heavens! This could be a tough one! I agree with both Mat and Kevin.... the mind is a bit on the blank side at the moment but Whoo Hoo, away we go none the less!

Wow Meryem, how DO you come up with these themes?

All the best UWOLERS! Although we are "competing" we are all on the same team!

Cat

Meryem Ersoz February 1st, 2008 11:14 AM

well. you know. there's the game.

and then there's the game-within-the-game...(right, kevin?)

let's see, with this theme, if we can knock steven out of disney world and bump cat off the farm!

i have several ideas for how i want to approach this theme, too, but i have no idea which way it will go. just because i know the theme does not actually give me an advantage, still gotta do the work!

we don't call it a Challenge fer nuthin!