UWOL #7 Farm Yard Safari by Gordon Hoffman - Page 2 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > DV Info Net Community Contests > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 1st, 2008, 12:23 AM   #16
Trustee

You have one busy backyard! Lots of good footage of "critters", excellent closeups.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #17
Major Player

David - Sometimes luck plays a large part in what you get when working with wildlife, but there is no lack of opportunity here. It just happened that I grabbed the camera on a couple of the better days. I used a 150 to 500 lens on most of this which always gets me in trouble when I need a wide establishing shot. Thanks for the comments.

Trond - Thanks. Yes, I need to pick up more wide shots.

Markus – As others have mentioned it was a coyote. They are quite common here. Thanks for your feedback

Adrinn – Yes that was a coyote. It’s a little deceiving, when using a long lens, things look closer together than they really are. Thanks.

Geir Inge – Thank you very much. I’ve always liked that opening scene and have shot it on a number of occasions over the years and still like it.

John – Thanks. I never get tired of watching the birds coming in, in front of the mountain.

Bob – Yes nobody wanted to stick their neck out. Thank you.

Rob – Thanks. Yes this area is rich in wildlife and scenery. You’re right about the challenge it does give a guy a different view of other people’s areas.

Dale - About all I was sure of was it was a falcon. It is actaully after a few Mallard ducks in with the geese. Thanks for the info and the comments.

Meryem – Thanks a lot appreciate that. Had some lucky breaks on this one. My schedule has been really hectic.

Cat – Thanks. This entry was more luck than skill afraid.

Per Johan – Thank you I appreciate that. As mentioned when using a long lens things are a little deceiving. Things are actually further apart than they appear.

Bob – Thanks. I live on the windy side.

Eric – Yes it was a coyote. They have a den on the place every year, so I see them quite often. Thanks a lot.

Bruce – It’s been a little tougher winter here this year so a lot of wildlife has been showing up. Thanks.
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:57 AM   #18
Trustee

Wow Gordon,
That was amazing to see so much wildlife on your farm. Great music too mixed with some fantastic sounds from the birds.

Bryce

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Adorama
(800) 223-2500
New York, NY

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Texas Media Systems
(512) 440-1400
Austin, TX

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

VideoGuys
(800) 323-2325
Mineola, NY

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > DV Info Net Community Contests > The UWOL Challenge