DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Send your good vibes to Brian and the Rankin Inlet Community... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/115898-send-your-good-vibes-brian-rankin-inlet-community.html)

Meryem Ersoz February 27th, 2008 02:54 PM

Send your good vibes to Brian and the Rankin Inlet Community...

As many of you know, our boy in the freezing Arctic, Brian McKay, has been experiencing unbelievable cold conditions all winter long. It appears that 3 out of the 4 generators which the town's power are down for the count, because of the cold, and the entire town is operating at 25% of its normal supply of power. This translates into very little electricity and power rationing, so he won't be able to participate in this round until the situation is resolved.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...Story/National

...sounds like a pretty rugged situation, even for those hardy folks.

Your UWOL friends are with you and your community, Brian.

Even if you can't read this yet....

Geir Inge February 27th, 2008 04:03 PM

Hi Brian.
Hope you and your family are doing fine, despite the conditions.
I wonder why you didn't show up and I miss your feedback tread. Never the less, after watching your uwol film "A Sunday Drive", I know you're a tough guy. It really blew me off with speed and action. A real adventure, if you tell me :) Wish you all the best and here by send my warmest thoughts to you and all the people at Rankin Inlet - Nunavut.

Best wishes from Norway and Geir Inge

Trond Saetre February 27th, 2008 04:25 PM

Hi Brian,

Best wishes for you and your family.
Hope you get the power back there soon.

your uwol friend,
Trond

Catherine Russell February 27th, 2008 05:53 PM

Hi Brian:

Keep safe and warm! Please keep us informed when you are able, we are concerned for you and your family. All the best.

From the looks of your film, you had a wonderful reprieve to shoot an awesome film, if only for a short stint.

Take care.

Cat

Per Johan Naesje February 28th, 2008 12:25 AM

Brian, hope everything goes well in spite of your tough conditions! See you soon fellow!
Best wishes!

Markus Nord February 28th, 2008 12:47 AM

Brian, keep the blanket on... hope to se you back on UWOL soon...

Adrinn Chellton February 28th, 2008 01:44 AM

Hi Brian, I wish you and yours the best I hope you have good mechanics up there. From reading the article it seems like things are on the upswing good to hear it.

Grant Sherman February 28th, 2008 02:51 AM

Hi Brian, I hope that you and yours are ok and that things will improve soon. Best wishes,
Grant

David Gemmell February 28th, 2008 05:25 AM

Hi Brian,

Hope all is well and your managing to get through on the limited electrical supply. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Take care....

Greg Boston February 28th, 2008 10:50 AM

Hello Brian,

Here's hoping that global warming will come to your town very soon.

Okay, not really. Just hope some localized warmth comes to you and your family/friends very soon.

I've already expressed amazement of you before about living in that climate. I wish you and your family to be safe.

Best regards,

Greg Boston

Peter Damerell February 28th, 2008 05:03 PM

WOW! thats cold.

Our best wishes to you Brian, and the whole comunity. I hope that lunar eclipse was somethig special.
Heres to hoping the juice is back up to full power soon.

Pete

Brian McKay February 29th, 2008 01:48 PM

Very quickly...still under orders to conserve power. A new generator was flown in on a C130 Hercules on Wednesday however it is still not up and running. Most of the homes that were frozen are now okay. If all goes well we should be back to normal by Monday...said with fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, very much appriciated.

Brian

Jim Montgomery February 29th, 2008 02:14 PM

Hang on Brian, we're coming!

Jim

Paul Mailath March 1st, 2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McKay (Post 835363)
If all goes well we should be back to normal by Monday...said with fingers crossed.
Brian

yea but what's normal ... -5F?

I can ship over a supply of hot water bottles if that helps - I get goosebumps just watching snow footage.

good luck with it all

Bob Safay March 2nd, 2008 03:56 PM

Brian, just watched your video. My back and butt hurts from all those jumps. Good onboard camera shots. Was that a helmetcam? Hope the big freeze has lifted and you can get out and play a little. Bob