Whatta Mess... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 1st, 2008, 12:56 AM   #1
Trustee

Whatta Mess...

I have not been able to view the films, my new HP computer (purchased in Oct) has not given reliable performance with QuickTime since I purchased it. With this round all of the files downloaded from the uwolchallenge site have played with severe "stuttering" and died before playing to completion. Been blaming that on Vista but that can't be the case.

I've got a new Dell XPS420 with Quad core 6600 processor, 4GB RAM, and separate ATI Radeon 256MB graphics card just came in early this week and I'm about done setting it up and configuring it.

QT .mov files play perfectly on it and it renders HDV about 5 times faster than the "sick" machine it replaces.

I'm downloading films and will resume commenting on yours.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 01:25 AM   #2
Major Player

On my PC I have 2 drives running.The one has XP home version on it and the other has VISTA,With the VISTA drive I have the "stuttering " too.I still use the XP drive mostly and will continue doing so untill all the poor souls who have bought VISTA and are being used as test pilots have sorted the problems out.
John Dennis Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:41 PM   #3
Trustee

Hang tough Bruce!

I personally refuse to upgrade to Vista.... I new it would be like this from the start.

You are a true patriot to stick with it and go through so much to view the UWOL films this time around. Thanks again for your entry.... it was powerful and a classic Bruce Foreman.

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge