DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 9 Sharktank.... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/124091-uwol-9-sharktank.html)

Markus Nord June 19th, 2008 06:46 AM

UWOL 9 Sharktank....

Well… It looks like I will swim with the Sharks. I haven’t hade enough time and not enough inspiration to get it together this turn… crap! I hate to fail…

Maybe I can get something together tomorrow, but it’s a big weekend coming up I Sweden so my wife probably would like me to stay home. I went out diving today but I don’t think I got enough for a complete film so I probably stay in the tank…

Se you next round…

Markus

Trond Saetre June 19th, 2008 08:03 AM

Nooooo, my friend Markus!!
Even I seem to survive the tank this round. Don't give up yet, even with the "Midtsommar afton" coming up in Sweden, there is still hope for you also.
I have had a foot in the shark tank this round, and let me tell you, it is not a place you want to stay until August and the next round!
So do not give up until after the deadline!!
Good luck!

Bob Safay June 19th, 2008 01:12 PM

I am swimming with the sharks. Since this round was announced I have been on two emergency responses, an art festival and a wedding. To much for my old brain to handle. Next time I hope I don't get called out so much and I will have time to do a video. Darn, I loved the topic. Bob

Annie Haycock June 19th, 2008 02:18 PM

I'm in too.

If the idea of a challenge is to learn, then I've been learning all right.

UWOL 7 - got almost there, but failed at the narrative stage - haven't done one before, and couldn't record any sensible sounds straight to the computer

UWOL 8 - actually persuaded myself to film some flowers, learnt how to pan across a still photograph, but didn't have time to download the footage, never mind edit it etc.

UWOL 9 - almost there, half a day of filming, edited it down to 10 usable minutes, wrote a script, succeeded in recording it, but haven't got time to finish - work all day tomorrow then off to a conference at the weekend.

UWOL 10 - will be time to try again!!

Markus Nord June 22nd, 2008 07:45 AM

Is that a ladder… hmmm yes it is!

Trond Saetre June 22nd, 2008 01:27 PM

I'm taking an unwanted swim with the sharks

I am taking a deep dive into the dreadful shark tank!
And let me tell you, it is an awful place to be...

Filmed the last shots of my entry less than an hour ago, and had borrowed my sister's laptop this evening for a super quick editing. It's 2,5 hours left until deadline.
But I forgot one vital thing. To check if the laptop actually works.
A massive problem occurred!
Windows starts, but then absolutely nothing at all works. Not even the windows components like the "system restore" works anymore. Bad, bad luck.
Why didn't I just accept the generous helping hands from Per Johan and Catherine instead of trying to fix things myself...

Some good news in all this:
My new laptop will arrive in about a week, so I will be ready for the next round.

And by this, the shark tank is full!
No other swimmers will be allowed. All the rest of you must finish your videos! hahaha

Steven Gotz June 22nd, 2008 06:50 PM

Sorry, but I didn't get any footage shot this time around. I had a plan but as so many plans do, this one fell through.

Catherine Russell June 22nd, 2008 09:37 PM

Hey Trond:

I am so sorry this time! I was away all day celebrating an 80th birthday with family and I have just returned. It is 9:30 P.M. my time and I have 2.5 hrs to go until the deadline and am checking to see if there was something up for me to do for you! I was ready to go for it. We will miss you this round! Remember, throw in a bunch of bread crumbs before jumping in! Swimming with sharks that are full might not be so bad after all... maybe even fun!

Markus:

A ladder? Way cool! Climb out and get something up!

All in fun, here's to UWOL 9, on dry land, in the tank, wherever you all are.

Cat

Trond Saetre June 23rd, 2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Russell (Post 896956)
Swimming with sharks that are full might not be so bad after all... maybe even fun!
Cat

Nope, swimming with the sharks is very bad! And staying here until August is even worse!
Hopefully this is the one and only time I have to swim. (Remind me to listen to your advices in the future!!)

Hmm, maybe now is a good time to watch the movie "Jaws"?

But we in the shark tank can still follow rule #11 and have fun.... watching and commenting all the submitted videos. I look forward to that.

And can someone please tell August to hurry up and arrive early this year so we can get out of the tank asap?

Meryem Ersoz June 23rd, 2008 02:02 PM

helloooo all you gorgeous shark-tankers, i'm joining you.

i had a very cool idea for this round, too, doggone it!

Bryce Comer June 23rd, 2008 09:23 PM

Well here i am again!
Seems like i am able to get one challenge finished only to miss the next. I guess that means i will get something together for the next round. Darn i hate being in this thing! I too had some footage on tape, but had no way of editing it, or uploading it. I was in Western Australia last week, & now am in Queensland. Next week i will be in Canada. So my next round will be coming from there. That should be exciting!

I am looking forward to watching all the entries from this round, but already can't wait for the next.

Bryce

Vegard Paulsen July 27th, 2008 04:55 PM

Hi again wonderfull sharktank.
This is the second time we meet.

Hopefully it will be the last in a while...

I completely missed out on this uwol round..

I had a major eventvideo project to complete, and so i did. :)

If you want to see what i used my time on, instead of uwol. check this tread.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...551#post912551

Meryem Ersoz July 27th, 2008 11:17 PM

at least vegard is an honest lad! always good to get that off your chest before starting a new round, yes?

any more late-coming slackers to the shark tank party? last call for cocktails before we close this shindig down...