DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL X SIGN UP THREAD - The Adventure Begins Here! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/126657-uwol-x-sign-up-thread-adventure-begins-here.html)

Meryem Ersoz July 25th, 2008 07:59 AM

UWOL X SIGN UP THREAD - The Adventure Begins Here!

Ok, addicts, UWOL X is here at last....

UWOL X is ready. Are you ready?

Are you quite certain?

Due to the nature of the theme this round, we are giving you a little extra time to post your projects. You will need it. This is one of those themes designed to push you in some new directions. And I know how you all loooooove to be pushed! Let the bellyaching begin!

If this is your first time playing, you must send me an e-mail with a current e-mail address to uwol@comcast.net - if you have played before and changed your e-mail address, please send one as well. I need your current e-mail in order to send you uploading instructions...

Theme Announcement: August 1

Deadline: August 30, midnight anywhere in the world

Read the rules at the sticky at the top of the sub-forum or at www.uwolchallenge.com

Also remember that your designated sign-up number on this thread converts to your unique number that you use when you name your film file - see rule #7 on the UWOL website for details...

One other note on this round: I've received some complaints from players about the premature posting of feedback threads with links to films. Please don't post your feedback thread or link to your film until the films are linked to the uwolchallenge.com website, and everyone can play along equally. If you post prematurely, I'll remove it, e-mail you a copy of it, and ask you to re-post it at the proper time. If, for some reason (you'll be out of town, for instance), you need to post your feedback thread in advance, then shoot me an e-mail, and I'll permit it to stay in the sub-forum, but I'll lock it down until films are linked and re-open the thread at the proper time. No starting the race until the gun goes off...thanks for understanding.

Good luck everybody!

Bob Thieda July 25th, 2008 08:27 AM

Ohhh...oh....I'm in...YES!

Number 2....guess I'll try harder...

Bob

Annie Haycock July 25th, 2008 08:33 AM

I'm trying for fourth time lucky - but I've learnt a lot in the previous contests, even though I haven't actually managed to submit anything (and do I hear my diary laughing at the idea of finding time to complete it this time round too?)

Andrew Kufahl July 25th, 2008 08:50 AM

Count me in again please. I'm looking forward to it!

Andrew

John Dennis Robertson July 25th, 2008 08:55 AM

This is my birthday month,I have a new toy to play with..I am ready willing and able...Please sign me up.

Geir Inge July 25th, 2008 09:06 AM

Count me in please.
I will start my holiday 2.August.
For the first time I'll be crossing the Arctic Circle.
Hope to catch something within the theme on my way North.

Good luck everyone :)

Oliver Pahlow July 25th, 2008 09:08 AM

Well guess what......I'm in too!!!

Oliver

Mike Beckett July 25th, 2008 09:22 AM

I'm ready for the X Files too. Bring it on!

I too have a new toy, a three-legged one at that. Let's just hope Meryem isn't too evil with the theme!

Grant Sherman July 25th, 2008 09:24 AM

count me in

Rob Evans July 25th, 2008 10:27 AM

Think I might be hard pushed to get one in this round, but I'll try my best!

Ruth Happel July 25th, 2008 12:06 PM

Okay, so for this contest, I will be visiting my mom in upstate NY, staying at an inn until the rental house is ready in NC, then moving in and unpacking boxes - so that should leave me plenty of time for the contest :) I am in if I get my computer set up in time, and look forward to the double challenge in this UWOL round.

Victor Wilcox July 25th, 2008 12:08 PM

He Tasks Me!

As Kon said "He tasks me", therefore I must accept this challenge. I don't want to face his wrath, but the theme may be harder.

Gilles Debord July 25th, 2008 12:10 PM

Hi

I'm in too.

Gilles

David Gemmell July 25th, 2008 12:11 PM

Count me in!

Visiting magical New Zealand over August.
Hey Meryem, what do you think of "Landscapes" as a theme:)

Jamey Hastings July 25th, 2008 02:14 PM

I'm in. Time to finally give this a try. Yay!