DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   A Note on UWOL X... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/129065-note-uwol-x.html)

Meryem Ersoz August 31st, 2008 08:02 AM

A Note on UWOL X...

The submissions for the actual contest itself are closed.

But we are going to keep this round open indefinitely, in perpetuity.

In other words, if you came close but didn't finish, you can still upload your entry whenever you finish it. If you feel like your skills develop enough over time to take on this Challenge -- even next year or the year after -- you can upload your entry and supply a feedback thread. If you have one of these that is a work in progress and want some help from the community, you can upload it, get feedback, we'll take it down, and upload your final when it is completed.

If you finish one of these tomorrow, you can upload it. Any time, any place, anywhere.

Even if you already made one of these already and want to do another, to help out someone else in your community, you can upload it and add it to our collection. I have three of these that I'm working on currently....

Feel free to use your participation in UWOL as an excuse to get out there, meet people, make connnections, build a portfolio of planet-friendly work, if you like, and do some good in your community.

We will accept PSA submissions and supply feedback indefinitely and feature them on our website.

UWOL X is the hardest thing we have ever attempted. It also has the potential to be the most transformational. It also embodies the UWOL spirit more than anything else that we have ever done.

Helping you to develop your production skills, while having fun running around with your camera are the baby steps of UWOL. Exporting those skills for the benefit of the planet is the real mission, and we're here to help you.

Brian Luce August 31st, 2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 927278)
The submissions for the actual contest itself are closed.

I think some of us had it in our head the deadline was tonight, last day of the month.

Catherine Russell August 31st, 2008 07:36 PM

Dearest Meryem:

Your are a true inspiration to all. I've written a heartfelt entry and just lost it all so I will do a modest recap here.

I just wanted the world to know about the Meryem Ersoz to me. Living 30 minutes away as a neighbor Coloradoan, she has done everything she can to get me moving and out there. She has rented to me high tech equipment (CHEAP!) so that I can expand my horizons. She has also thrown a job over the fence my way that she hasn't had time to do herself so that I could expand my portfolio. She is beyond cheerleader and friend, she is a powerful advocate to our artistry and enterprise.

Hats off to you, for keeping this alive and open forever so that we may always have a place to muster the courage to employ ourselves to another business' benefit. It is what Meryem is all about. And we in UWOL have never been so blessed by another's tallent.

God bless!

Cato

Meryem Ersoz August 31st, 2008 10:32 PM

shucks, my face is red now...Thanks, Cat, that was very sweet.

I know it was a challenging round for a lot of folks, but hey! October is right around the bend. And the people that take on this PSA challenge, not just for this round, but whenever they feel good and ready, and when they find the right cause, will get the best that UWOL can offer.

To date, UWOL players have posted 235 films in 1 1/2 years. My dream would be to see the numbers of UWOL X exceed the numbers that we did in the first 1 1/2 years. Then we would have truly accomplished something great, using our powers for good!

Annie Haycock July 19th, 2009 09:49 AM

Meryem - I'd like to add my swallow film to UWOL X, but how do I upload it?

Meryem Ersoz July 19th, 2009 10:07 AM

wow, fantastic - i'll shoot you an email with instructions...

you just never know what pebble, once tossed in the water, is going to make a ripple...

edit: my system seems to have lost your email, so if you can re-send your email to me through DVinfo, that would be a help...