DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Please Welcome Our Judge for UWOL X... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/129584-please-welcome-our-judge-uwol-x.html)

Meryem Ersoz September 8th, 2008 10:18 AM

Please Welcome Our Judge for UWOL X...

We are taking a slightly modified direction for the judging of this round.

Since this round is about your ability to deliver the message, as much as it is about developing your production skills, we are inviting someone who really understands the impact of delivering an effective message to judge our work.

Our judge for UWOL X is the consummate do-gooder for the planet. She is a water attorney by training and profession. But her real passion is to use her lawyers' skills to do pro bono work to insure that the wilderness, the water, and the world stay pristine and accessible for the future generations.

She knows how to deliver the message in ways that people can hear it:

She has worked with River Runners for Wilderness, lobbying for the Grand Canyon, including increasing public access and expanding wilderness designations

She allied with the Sheep Mountain Alliance and the Valley Floor Preservation Partners to protect the magnificent and still-wild Telluride valley floor from future development

She was a volunteer member of the San Miguel Regional Housing Authority and Telluride Affordable Housing Authority to advocate for affordable housing in southwestern Colorado

She is a member of the Inner Basin Compact Committee and the Southwest Basin Roundtable, two organizations whose mission is to solve water disputes between the eastern and western sides of Colorado

She has worked tirelessly to safeguard some of my state's most precious resources, and I'm thanking her by putting her to work here!

Please welcome Jenny Russell as your judge for UWOL X.

Telluride Attorneys - Jenny Russell & Nicole Pieterse

Jenny is also active in the outdoors as a climber, trail runner, and river runner. Here is a short video of Jenny rowing some big rapids, Lava Falls in the Grand Canyon (her run appears at 5:15). She is the one rowing while her husband directs traffic from the front of the boat.

YouTube - Lava Falls, Grand Canyon

Trond Saetre September 8th, 2008 10:31 AM

Hi Jenny, welcome to the uwol family!

Many good videos this round.
Nice of you to take your time to judge them.
Hopefully we all can learn something from your judging and feedback.

Marj Atkins September 9th, 2008 12:41 AM

Hi Jenny and welcome. You are certainly doing a wonderful job over there. Thank you for taking time out to judge our entries this round.

Rob Evans September 9th, 2008 03:41 AM

Wow, Meryem you certainly are good at corralling the right people into this position!!
Welcome to the show Jenny, hope you enjoy watching our entries!

Markus Nord September 9th, 2008 04:25 AM

Welcome… very cool Jenny!
I hope you enjoy our challenge.

Meryem Ersoz September 11th, 2008 09:22 PM

Just reporting in that our judge attempted to post her findings today, and her post got munched into thin air...

So the judging is completed, and I'm sure that once she is done losing her temper and is able to re-write the lost results, we will be hearing from her soon.

Thanks for being patient, folks.

Rob Evans September 12th, 2008 03:07 AM

Ouch! I know that one well, how frustrating!!!