Tales of wonder and woe: UWOL 11 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old October 17th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Beckett View Post
You don't have a Sony V1, with its legendary low light capabilities!!
No, but I did have a couple of 20 watt bedside halogen lamps ;-)
Rob Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 07:38 AM   #32
Regular Crew

I wonder why i always have time to shoot for uwol everytime the competition is over and have not started up again. Other work always shows up between the 1. and the 20. every month.

Hopefully i will get time to shoot something tomorrow morning, or im back in the shark tank.
Im travelling to Finland on monday, so it doesnt look good. Hehe.

Good luck to everybody!
Vegard Paulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #33
Major Player

Good & Bad

Well the good news is I sold my A1U. The bad news is I can't replace it until November, so I'm out of the challenge.

Now I'm just waiting to see what kind of discount B&H gives on the FX7 & FX1000. It's going to be a tough choice for me.
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:06 PM   #34
Trustee

Hello Uwol :)
I'm just in to wish you all good luck and to tell you I'm a little bit sad not participating this round. Such a great theme. Maybe Meryem have told you all, but I'm back on the school bench, what the h..., I'm just 50 :) I will be working 60% of full time job and at the same time studying Bachelor's Degree Programme in Social Education at Molde University College (3 years study in 4 years). It's a completely change of arena for me, when it comes to work.
I have not forgotten my friends at uwol though and if time will let me, I hope to join you in the future :)

All the best to you all
Geir Inge
Old October 17th, 2008, 02:35 PM   #35
Major Player

My first attempt

Hello to all of you!

This is my first try in UWOL challenge so it is a few things I wonder about.

The first question is about the music. My partner and I are musicians and want to record our own playing for the film.
The composer has been dead for more than 70 years so the composition is free to be played.
No licenses has to be payed for the composition and no licenses has to be payed to the musicians. As you may hear, we are just hobby players.

The contest rules say: All music must be fully licensed.

My question is: will my home-rcorded music be accepted?

The second question is:
When will I be able to upload the video? I am concerned about this because I have not received the password to do that.

Finn-Erik
Finn-Erik Faale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #36
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn-Erik Faale View Post
The contest rules say: All music must be fully licensed.

My question is: will my home-rcorded music be accepted?

The second question is:
When will I be able to upload the video? I am concerned about this because I have not received the password to do that.

Finn-Erik
Fully licensed means that you cannot use any copyrighted music without having a valid license.

Uploading is available already.
When you signed up for the challenge, did you remember to send a mail to uwol@comcast.net as specified in the guide for the first time players:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
A note on signing up for the first time...

Signing up for your first UWOL Challenge requires you to do two things:

1) Send an e-mail to uwol@comcast.net

2) State your commitment to participate on the designated sign-up thread

If you don't send a working e-mail address to uwol@comcast.net, you won't be entered into our e-mail database, and you won't be able to receive the uploading password to post your file.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #37
Wrangler

check your e-mail, Finn-Erik....

what has happened to Team Norway?? Glad Trond made it...

Where is our spiritual leader, Per Johan? Any info? Last seen lugging a heavy Panasonic camera into the wilderness....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2008, 03:42 AM   #38
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
what has happened to Team Norway?? Glad Trond made it...
Yeah, seems like some of us is having a busy life these days, but we will be back strong later! :)
And for me, it feels GOOD to be back after swimming with the sharks for a few months.

Geir Inge:
Good luck with the studying. Make sure to come back to make more uwol films when time permits!
Old October 18th, 2008, 05:43 AM   #39
Major Player

Wildlife-ceare

From a time Norway!!!

We have little of wolf in Norway to take ceere of the red-deer.So I have been on
wildlif-ceare the last five week.In some aeria in Norway it`s to many red-deer, we loss
to many in the Winter time, starwing to deat.So wee must do some thing whit the population.Time to make film have been less.Send some photo from the Wildlife-Habitat

Best Regards
VJV.
Attached Thumbnails
Tales of wonder and woe: UWOL 11-cimg0551.jpg   Tales of wonder and woe: UWOL 11-cimg0567.jpg  

Tales of wonder and woe: UWOL 11-cimg0568.jpg   Tales of wonder and woe: UWOL 11-cimg0599.jpg  

Vidar Vedaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2008, 07:26 AM   #40
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar Vedaa View Post
Send some photo from the Wildlife-Habitat

Best Regards
VJV.
Nice pictures, Vidar!
That is Norway during fall... All kind of colors.
Old October 18th, 2008, 08:30 AM   #41
Major Player

Tanks Trond!!!

If I have whit me the camcorder it shud bee lovly to show you the wildlife, I have
seen this week.Allot of king eagel,wood grous,mointan grous,oter,niser and allot of deer
ruting.But it`s inportant ti take ceare of the wildlife.

Best Regards,
VJV.
Attached Thumbnails
Tales of wonder and woe: UWOL 11-cimg0375.jpg   Tales of wonder and woe: UWOL 11-cimg0400.jpg  

Tales of wonder and woe: UWOL 11-cimg0429.jpg  
Vidar Vedaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2008, 03:51 PM   #42
Trustee

Almost done!!!
Laid the official voice over track down just a few minutes ago and it's starting to come together.

Just a bit more tweaking then I'll leave it alone for a day and try to look at it with a set of fresh eyes.

My wife will be happy once I wrap this film. I put in a lot more time than I normally do on this one and shot a ton more footage than I normally do. So, she's been pretty much a UWOL widow for the past couple weeks. :)

I actually like how this one is turning out which means you guys probably won't. :)
Old October 19th, 2008, 05:41 AM   #43
Trustee

Vidar, that looks like really beautiful country. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 03:40 PM   #44
Inner Circle

Good afternoon,

I am a lucky guy, my wife says blessed, either way the extension to today saved my tail!!!

I have been off in a tent for the last ten days (had a foot of snow and freezing temperatures) got back and had yesterday to get to final shots and put a wrap on it.

I built three times only to have the file corrupted each time!!

On the last effort computer said I did not have the right to create the movie!!!!

Hours later I realized I had my audio in a folder on the other computer (three computers in the network) and I forgot when I added sharing to it to put a check in the box to allow working access!! Uggggggg!

I had built some original music I have composed and played but just plain did not have time to polish it and use it!! perhaps another time. This is the second time I have tried this and failed to get the job finished.

All I can say is thank you smart sound!!!

Also, my last shots werre all shot in 40+ km/hr winds. In fact I did not have a still day to film this session!!!

December will be interesting here!! Hope to finish the last one of our second year!!

Almost swam in the tank this time!! close call!!!

Oh yea,

Vidar,

some great shots!! you guys have such beautiful countryside. Kinda rough hunting up and down those mountains though!!
Then when I finally compressed it one of the wide screen frames was a smaller size than the rest when overlapped!!! Darned if I could figure that one out at all!! all shot off the same camera too!!
Old October 21st, 2008, 05:33 PM   #45
Trustee

Nice job Dale. Glad to see you avoided the tank, splendid!

Also, welcome aboard Finn Erik! You will like it at UWOL! I'm thrilled to hear your music-playing this round.

Geir, we miss you! Get back with us soon!

All the best everyone,

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge