DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL Long Form Great White Shark Tank (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/144006-uwol-long-form-great-white-shark-tank.html)

Ruth Happel February 17th, 2009 03:27 PM

UWOL Long Form Great White Shark Tank

Well, I am the first to reluctantly admit I won't be able to complete the UWOL long form challenge. Since it is a large project, I figure the tank needs something special, so I named this thread after the great white shark. Things have been very unsettled since Robin and I left WA last summer- we spent the summer in NY, have been living in 3 different places here in NC, and John is still living in WA. So with all the uncertainty, I can't really commit to completing the long form project. I hope if there are some regular UWOL challenges I can participate in one or more this year. With any luck, we will be settled by summer and then I can join UWOL again more regularly- I miss participating. Good luck, and I will be watching how the projects go even though I can't join in the fun.

Ruth

Catherine Russell February 18th, 2009 09:25 PM

Hi Ruth:

Sorry to read this from you, but I most certainly understand. I will watch for your entries in the short forms and I will shoot you an e-mail to catch up on details on how you and your family are doing.

All the best.... and stay clear of the Great Whites as best you can!

Cat

Meryem Ersoz February 18th, 2009 10:47 PM

darn, I thought that you were undertaking a project about great white sharks! not the Tank!

This thing is definitely a commitment. Some amazing projects underway...

Best of luck, Ruth, hope to see you in the short-form contest, which I'll be announcing as soon as this one seems under control...as with everything new, it needs a little room to get traction.

Vegard Paulsen February 19th, 2009 11:12 AM

A bit of copypaste is needed here :)

I signed up for the uwol long form contest but since then i have started working fulltime as a production assistant in one of the longest running norwegian tv-series, so im out of time to keep up with the uwol long form contest. The hours on set is to long to do the uwol at the same time!

I therefore withdraw from the longform.
I'll probably join the short uwols instead if i have some time to spare!
Good luck to everybody!

Meryem Ersoz February 19th, 2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegard Paulsen (Post 1014575)
A bit of copypaste is needed here :)

I signed up for the uwol long form contest but since then i have started working fulltime as a production assistant in one of the longest running norwegian tv-series, so im out of time to keep up with the uwol long form contest. The hours on set is to long to do the uwol at the same time!

We want to know what series it is, and is there anything online that we can watch? Congrats on the job, though we will miss another Viking contribution.

Vegard Paulsen February 19th, 2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 1014578)
We want to know what series it is, and is there anything online that we can watch? Congrats on the job, though we will miss another Viking contribution.

You have to have a account to see the series on webtv.
Forsiden *|* TV2no

Maybe this link will give you an impression. Just found it on youtube.
YouTube - Hotel Cæsar tragedier gjennom 10 år

The series has been running for over 10 years on Norwegian TV2 now.
The people on set and the actors are great to work with!
Its alot of job getting to know the names of about 100 people on set.

Its a very nice place to work. The tempo is very high on the set, and we are shooting 5 episodes every week. The crew is very helpful about anything you might wonder about, so its a great place to learn alot of things! And the best part about it that the crew seems to apreciate when you want to learn something new, so its a nice place to get some education as well!

We have a great studio crew and a second unit that shoots on locations every week :)
Me and the two other Prod. ass. does 3 weeks shifts. 2 weeks in studio and one on second unit! I love it :)

Trond Saetre February 24th, 2009 04:28 AM

Splash!!

Time run out, and I'm officially taking a long cold bath in the long form shark tank.
(Sharks are bigger here, not fun at all)

Dale Guthormsen February 24th, 2009 09:10 AM

Trond,

I thought you had a fine start with some beautiful images,. heck you have 6 months to complete, bet you could squeek it in!!!

Oh yea, I got that polar bear at your suggestion!! heaven sent!!!

Trond Saetre February 24th, 2009 10:32 AM

Hi Dale,

I just didn't have time to shoot anything for the first deadline now in February. Life has been too busy.
My idea for a long form video is still taking shape, so the plan is to make a video, but unfortunately outside the uwol challenge this year.

I'll be back for the next short uwol challenge, and hopefully I can join the long form next time.

Dale Guthormsen February 24th, 2009 11:13 AM

Trond,

I was thinking vidars video was yours this morning!! Watched to many yesterday for this old guy to keep track I guess!!!!

will see you in the short.