Nord -Lady of the Lake- UWOL Long Form at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old February 18th, 2009, 07:52 AM   #1
Major Player

Nord -Lady of the Lake- UWOL Long Form

Ok… so this is my idea for the long form… not much for you guys to comment on, but I haven’t done much more that slowly shaping my idea.

“Lady of the lake – this is my story”
The lake that I visited in my first UWOL challenge #4 “Drinking water” “Drinking water” is the place where it all shall take its place. I will spend days and night at this location and try to tell a story from the lakes point of view. All from the deer (hopefully) that enter the lake for a drink to the fish that hunts or hides. This lake is also popular for some to visit during summer for swimming and I will also show this from the lakes pov.
If it fits the story during the making I may enter the lake that is just 200 meter on the other side of the road that shot during UWOL 11 ”Thousand brothers” . These two lakes are close together but really different from each other. Why is that? Maybe I find out…
My plan is that the lake will tell the story… Lady of the lake.

I also got a back up plan… and that is a film about a really rare species of a butterfly. Not far from where I live is a valley that this butterfly only lives in. I’m not sure I can tell this story for 20 minutes, that’s way it’s not my primary object. I will hook up with a butterfly expert that has located these flying creatures and hopefully I can get some nice shots and some interview with him.

that's it for now...
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:10 AM   #2
Major Player

You've certainly picked a great place by the looks of it. Those underwater shots were really good (I lost track of UWOL last year - entered but always got busy). It will be interesting to see how the tale unfolds. I think it will make a good story telling device, and I look forward to seeing the progress made.
Andrew Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:24 AM   #3
Trustee

Hi Markus.
This sound lke a great idea and I know your skills when it comes to underwater filming, I think this one will be good, too.
Also your backup plan about the butterfly seems good.
Looking forward to see your film.
Geir Inge
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Markus,

Yet another underwater video from you. Who would have guessed? :)
A nice idea you have. Setting it up as one of your long form uwol web-tv shows?

Backup plan sounds interesting too.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM   #5
Trustee

Hi Markus,
This sounds like another very interesting piece from you. Your underwater footage is fantastic, & i love the way you put it all together so professionally. I think this long form format is just what a lot of us have been longing for, to have that much more time to tell our story. I'm really looking forward to your story.
Bryce
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Trustee

Markus,
very nice that you can make it into the long-form! You have the ability to show us stunning uw-film. And I love them very much. You always have a interesting story and stunning visuals. Can't wait to see how you progress to this one.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 06:15 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Markus,

I hope you go with the lake; yes, I am selfish!! I love seeing the things I would likly never see and under water is definitely that.

I have loved all yoour prior footage so this could be really awesome!!!

I guess butterflies would be alright!!! But I want some serious flight shots, eh??

can't wait!
Old February 25th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #8
Major Player

Markus,
I like your Lady of the Lake idea. Having the lake tell it’s own story firsthand is very good. Many cultures have water spirits- now we get to hear from one! If you do contrast the two lakes, will the other also have a voice? Perhaps they are sisters. I urge you to also pursue the butterfly story (if not for UWOL then just because it sounds so interesting). With the expected climate changes many animals with such restricted ranges are likely to be put in great peril soon.
Mike Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:32 AM   #9
Major Player

Hi Marcus - seems like you have been just as busy as I have over the past few weeks.

I watched your two underwater entries once again and enjoyed them just as much as I did the first time round - we are really spoilt here with your beautiful underwater films and so I am really glad that you are going to do another one!

Needless to say, I would be equally happy to see your butterfly movie.
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #10
Major Player

Hello…
Thanks for all you feedback on my first post… but… I have to drop out of the contest… to much else to do…

I may be back in autum for short form.

Good luck every one.
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #11
Trustee

Sorry to hear this Markus. Your talent will be missed.

All the best,

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 10:47 PM   #12
Major Player

Marcus... I wish you well. I too am sorry I wil not get more education from you in this long form extrvaganza. I hioe all is well and look forward to more of your films !

Chris Swanberg
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge