DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Rest In Peace, Violet - 1995/7 - 2009 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/145251-rest-peace-violet-1995-7-2009-a.html)

Meryem Ersoz March 6th, 2009 11:44 AM

Rest In Peace, Violet - 1995/7 - 2009

1 Attachment(s)
I always think of Violet as the ultimate UWOLer, who loves romping around the planet, sucking up the Earth vibe. In some ways, she is the inspiration for this contest. For her entire life, she stood, quite simply, for getting out there.

Whether it was doing laps up and down a mountainside as a young dog or sitting quietly in the park watching kids play and sniffing the breeze towards the end of her days, her happiness in being out there in the world was constantly evident.

Each and every day, she reminded to me to get out of my head, let go, and step into the wonder and the magnificence of planet Earth. So, in some ways, this contest which has spread across so many corners of the world is a product of her influence in my life. The joy she felt in being in the world is something that I have hoped to spread among all of you, in some small way.

Adventurer, shooting partner, cinema star, sweet angel, stalwart heart, perpetual puppy, best friend,

I will hold you in my heart and love you forever. Best dog in the world.

http://www.uwolchallenge.com/challen...C5_prairie.mov (for the theme MAMMALS)

http://ia300131.us.archive.org/2/ite...WideScreen.mov

Bruce Foreman March 6th, 2009 12:11 PM

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your special friend and companion. James Herriot in his writing mentions how short their lives are, yet remembering that dogs live in the "now", you can take comfort in the fact that the things you describe indicate her life was full of good, that she played and explored, doing all the things they just plain enjoy doing.

And that in her own way she lived her "dog life" to the hilt.

I am "dogless" right now but my neighbor across the street has a Boston Terrier that has become a friend to me to an amazing degree without taking anything away from his special bond with his owner.

"Ace" has taught me a lot about the companionship dogs give us that I think I had forgotten. I sit him on some weekends when his owner cannot take him along. He has his own bed here in my house and knows our routine as well as his own at home. Almost the most obedient I have ever seen he is a perfect guest when we keep him.

He also can play like very few other critters I have seen.

The day will come when you will take on another who will not be able to fill Violet's "paws" but who will make their own place in your heart.

God bless you.

Bruce Foreman

Jeff Hendricks March 6th, 2009 01:54 PM

Meryem,

I am deeply saddened by your loss...my thoughts are with you and Violet.

Even though I am many miles away, let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Jeff

Lorinda Norton March 6th, 2009 01:59 PM

I'm sorry the day had to come, Meryem. You have my deepest sympathy.

Finn-Erik Faale March 6th, 2009 02:31 PM

I feel sorry about your loss. It is hard to loose a close friend.

You have made a fine remembrance for Violet.
It is easy to see; she had a good "dog life".

Finn-Erik

Trond Saetre March 6th, 2009 03:33 PM

Hi Meryem,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.
I know how close family members dogs are.
And it is always very hard when they pass away.

Trond

Kevin Railsback March 6th, 2009 03:50 PM

Meryem,

So sorry to hear the news about Violet.

I'm sure you've read this many times but I know it always gives me comfort at times like this.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Meryem Ersoz March 6th, 2009 04:29 PM

Thanks to my DVinfo/UWOL friends for all the loving kindness...

I know there are many doggie people among our community who understand what it means to lose your soul dog...

Chris Hurd March 6th, 2009 04:31 PM

Having gone through this myself just eleven months ago, I know all too well how you're feeling. Best wishes for peaceful moments and fond memories of your beloved companion. Hope to see you in person soon.

Pete Bauer March 7th, 2009 06:24 AM

Meryem, please accept my deepest sympathies. Every love is unique and their is none quite like the bond between our beloved dogs and us. Cherish all the many happy memories.

Bob Thieda March 7th, 2009 08:52 AM

Meryem, very sad news indeed.
I'm very sorry for your loss, and for the loss of everyone that knew Violet.

Having been through it a few times myself, I understand the pain when they leave us, but I will always have a dog in my life. They give us everything and ask for nothing...Dogs are truly a gift from God.

Remember the good times and be proud of the good life you gave her.

Bob

Bryce Comer March 7th, 2009 09:13 AM

Meryem,
My condolences on the loss of your best friend.
I don't know who wrote the following piece but i find it very comforting, especially after having lost a loved one.

When I die
Will you be sad that I have gone
& that our friendship has ended
That our talking is over
That we have parted?
Remember me.

When I die
Will you be glad that I have lived
Glad that we met
Glad that we enjoyed so much?
Remember me.

When I die
I leave you love & the sea
Friendship & the loveliness of the world
I bequeath to you - the living
All joy & all sorrow
Have courage always
& sometimes - sometimes
Remember me.

I loved the remembrance you made for Violet, it is a great way to remember her in life.
All the best,
Bryce

Geir Inge March 7th, 2009 01:02 PM

Meryem
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your best friend, Violet, The ultimate UWOLer.
Geir Inge.

Kevin Railsback March 7th, 2009 02:47 PM

Just saw this sign posted outside my vets office when I drove by this morning...

Dogs are not our whole life but they make our life whole.

There's certainly a lot of truth in that.

Paul Mailath March 7th, 2009 08:02 PM

I share your sorrow Meryem, We recently lost our dog and it leaves a big hole for a long while - is there any living thing that represents unconditional love better than a dog?