UWOL 13 - In the rain - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:36 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sims View Post
Hi Annie,
Jackdaws in the chimney? Konrad Lorenz would be proud! I would have never guessed that it was all shot through window glass- you shouldn’t have told. I also like longer shots showing the natural timing of behaviors. It gives it more of a feel of bird watching. As Mike pointed out- there’s little as pleasant as watching birds (unless it’s watching crocodiles, or fruit bats, or shrews, or…)
No - it wasn't shot through glass (double glazing), it was through open windows. It would have to be something really rare or special for me to try shooting through glass - I have done it with stills just to prove there was a brambling on the bird feeder once.
Old May 30th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #17
Trustee

Annie,

Nicely done. I think it works well with the them and plays both sides of it. Even though the rain created chaos for you, it shows that it won't stop wildlife from continuing to go about the order of their daily lives.

Really nice natural sound. I could close my eyes and feel the stress melt away with the rain.

Keep up the good work!!
Old May 31st, 2009, 10:24 AM   #18
Major Player

Thanks Kevin

You're right, the sound of that kind of rain is really soothing.
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #19
Major Player

Hi Annie
It’s not very easy to do a video when the weather is so uncooperative - definitely not much one can do when it is dull and raining! Nevertheless enjoyable to watch the birds going about their normal business regardless of the weather. Some nice images you managed to capture in there as well despite the difficult conditions.
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #20
Major Player

Thanks Marj

This one is going into a bigger project with the theme "anyone with even basic equipment can make wildlife videos in their garden regardless of weather and available time". The fact that this project has barely got beyond some scribbled notes and a couple of short video clips (there is another one about badgers in the garden on vimeo) in the several years since I thought of it, is beside the point. ;-))

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge