Only time will tell - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old June 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marj Atkins View Post
Hope you are now more enlightened after your fifteen minutes looking up words!! :)
The fascinating thing about the English language is that it comes from so many origins (esp Viking, Norman and Latin) that many words with the same spelling have different pronunciation, different meanings, etc - so while I was looking at words I knew one meaning of, I kept coming across other meanings too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marj Atkins View Post
(Unfortunately I have a problem with viewing your film at the moment as I don't have the bandwidth to view a 405MB file. We have been waiting for our uncapped ADSL for over two months now but here the wheels grind very slowly - if at all. Till we do I have to reserve most of the bandwidth I have for business purposes.)
I remember the frustration I had while waiting for broadband to arrive at our sleepy backwater village, I felt I missed so many things because of file size and telephone bills. So you have my sympathy there.
Old June 8th, 2010, 03:44 AM   #17
Trustee

Hi Marj

Great to see someone tackling an issue like this on a uwol film and tricky to do in such a short time. You had some nice imagery in this piece and as always your narration was well written and voiced. I found your film editing strange I have to say. The pacing mainly just didn't give much dwell time to let the watcher digest what was being shown and said. I think the piece would been much stronger with a re-edit considering this. Deliver some information (visual/audio), then give time to digest and consider what each shot and sequence is saying to the viewer.

You have made me think again about the sort of things we should tackle of uwol.....hhmmmm!

Mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #18
Major Player

Appreciate your compliments Mat.

As regards my editing – it is not strange at all. It is just typical of me – too much info and too little time in which to say it all. This always results in my editing being too tight for comfort. Need to give myself more time to work on these things.

Marj
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge