DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   uwol 17 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/481260-uwol-17-a.html)

Dale Guthormsen July 1st, 2010 07:59 PM

uwol 17

Good afternoon,

Well it is July and was wondering if there is going to be a uwol this month??

no pressure on anyone, just wondering sense I have all my work finished!!

dale

Mike Beckett July 2nd, 2010 03:00 AM

I'm guessing it'll be the start of August... just my luck, family visiting and I won't have much time.

Unless they all want to come up the hills with me!

Trond Saetre July 2nd, 2010 10:04 AM

I'm always ready for a new challenge.
Even from the day after the judging of the previous one, haha.

Dale Guthormsen July 2nd, 2010 02:21 PM

Tronde,

You are committed!! or is that committable??

May June was out for me, but I am packed and ready to go now!!!

Trond Saetre July 2nd, 2010 02:24 PM

Dale,
Video (and photo) is my passion. So yep, I'm committed for sure.
Uwol = rule 11 = FUN!

Bill Thesken July 2nd, 2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trond Saetre (Post 1544592)
I'm always ready for a new challenge.
Even from the day after the judging of the previous one, haha.

That's funny Trond, I go through a post partum depression the day my video is submitted for judging -
"ARGHH, I shoulda, coulda, woulda done something different and better..." and then immediately wish for a new challenge even before the judging is complete.

Trond Saetre July 2nd, 2010 02:58 PM

Good to hear I'm not the only one addicted to uwol. :)

Let's bring on the next challenge and have some more fun!

Dale Guthormsen July 3rd, 2010 09:31 AM

Bill,

I feel pretty much the same way, distressed I could have done it better and different, telling myself I do better on the next one, or I wont let that happen again, or am I impaired or something? why did I do that!

It is all about having fun, but I know you guys take it serious when you are out there doing the job!!

I do not need uwol to get motivated to get out, but it does motivate me to work on actual film and building skills, being more cognizant about the shots I get and how I will use them!!!

Meryem Ersoz July 4th, 2010 01:57 PM

I can certainly believe Dale's addiction - I think he is our #1 player, if I'm not mistaken, he has completed more of these than anyone...

No July contest, sorry fellas, you're on your own this month! Go shoot something pretty...

Kevin Railsback July 4th, 2010 02:06 PM

Well, it's supposed to rain here all week and when I was out earlier this week what wasn't flooded to deny me access was swarming with skeeters the size of cows!

But, what if we did something this coming Friday, Saturday or something where we did a 48 hour shoot of something.

No judging or anything just working on the honor system that you pick something and shoot it in two days and you're done?

We could pick an easy topic, we could make it free form but it has to be shot,edited and uploaded in 48 hours from the starting gun?

Just kickin around an idea. Like I said, I have no clue what's available to me right now as I've been free all week and haven't rolled a frame of footage on anything but the fireworks this past Saturday.

Dale Guthormsen July 4th, 2010 07:47 PM

kevin,

that would be fun, no theme, just go shoot 2 to 3 minutes of something that catches your fancy, No Judging, Just appreciation of what the person wants to shoot!!!!

I am busy teaching sailing all week, but have friday noon to the next monday noon to shot then back to sailing instruction.

shoot Friday Sat Sun, post link on Sunday night or Monday.

Lets do it, UWOL FUN SHOOT. I think we might see some amazing stuff!!!

Great idea Kevin!!!!

I am going to do it, Anyone else???

Kevin Railsback July 4th, 2010 10:04 PM

Works for me. Friday and Saturday might be decent around here. Have to go study some book on natural Iowa to see what might be around that I haven't hit yet.

Trond Saetre July 5th, 2010 01:10 PM

I think I might have some time this weekend.
A very cool concept, Kevin!

Bill Thesken July 5th, 2010 07:46 PM

I'll join in. I had plans to do a bunch of filming anyways and will put something together and use it for my resume. Got some new ideas ticking.