DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 17 Tales of wonder and Woe! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/484139-uwol-17-tales-wonder-woe.html)

Mike Duvall September 18th, 2010 09:25 AM

I was determined to contribute something this round and found a couple of hours yesterday and this morning to shoot a little footage. Although it's slightly off topic (I'll keep it short) I plan to at least have something put together. As a corporate training video person but outdoor lover it's really hard to convince myself to shoot on my time off.
When does the upload instructions normally come? My email should be on file and I did send another just in case. Looking forward to seeing the entries!

Trond Saetre September 18th, 2010 01:20 PM

I look forward to see your entry, Mike.
The upload info should reach you soon. Meryem has probably just been a bit busy lately.

Meryem Ersoz September 18th, 2010 03:14 PM

will send this round tonight...no one has specifically requested it or said that they are done, but I think it is that time...

Kevin Railsback September 18th, 2010 05:07 PM

Well, I should be editing my entry but I'm doing a two camera shoot for the local Roller Derby bout tonight.

Still have more to shoot, more script to write, VO to record and then I'm still need to edit the whole thing. :)

Gordon Hoffman September 18th, 2010 05:52 PM

Well I'm no where near having an entry this round. Seems like all it has been doing is raining so far this month. Well other than yesterday which it was snowing. Was sort of pretty out with the fall colours coming on. Today it's back to raining, as it's suppose to do tomorrow and the next day. Sheesh. All I can say is Dale it's headed your way.

Gordon

Dale Guthormsen September 18th, 2010 07:09 PM

Good Evebing,

I uploaded my entry a bit ago using the naming convention and same username and pasword, all seemed to work fine.

I will post the link for full res version on Monday.

Once I got by not doing the original plan, went with the weather I had a lot of fun sorting this one out!!

Catherine Russell September 18th, 2010 07:57 PM

Good Luck All!

I'm excited to see the clips this round. Mine isn't for judging so I'll post the Vimeo link in my thread after the deadline.

Sounds like a late night for Kevin and sorry about the rain and snow Gordon!

Cat

Paul Mailath September 19th, 2010 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Hoffman (Post 1570699)
Well I'm no where near having an entry this round. Seems like all it has been doing is raining so far this month.
Gordon

My idea was based around rain but I've been flat out working as 1st AC on a Red shoot and run out of time - long hours for an old fella like me. Into the shark tank I go - and not for the first time! (I think I know a couple of them by their first names now)

Gordon Hoffman September 19th, 2010 07:44 AM

Cat - Thanks, I would love to share some rain with you.
Paul - Yes I should have went with the weather, just couldn't come up with an idea. When it wasn't raining I've been busy trying to get the farm work done.

Gordon

Trond Saetre September 19th, 2010 12:09 PM

I'm out and going to play with the sharks.
It finally stopped raining for a while today, but then I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
... and off I go to study more flight maps. Better luck next time.

Steve Siegel September 19th, 2010 12:49 PM

Do we have an official user name and password yet for uploading?

Kevin Railsback September 19th, 2010 01:58 PM

The old ones still works so if you have that email give that one a go.
I'll try to put together an upload list tonight.

I'm about to put down my first video track so hopefully I'll be on the list by tomorrow night!!

Meryem Ersoz September 19th, 2010 02:32 PM

hey you all - just send 'round the uploading instructions - one other note...I'm extending the deadline one day - your deadline is now Tuesday, midnight anywhere in the world.

the reason for this is, I just realized yesterday that there is no school for my child on Monday - another public school teacher in-service day thingie - so this makes me unable to answer your questions/concerns because I'll be chasing around kids on that day.

so for you finishers, your entries can be extra special - and those of you QUITTERS in the shark tank can still crawl out and shoot something. pbbbt!

this information is also contained in the email that I sent around, so everyone should receive it equally.

if you already uploaded and decided you want to tweak a bit, all you have to do is name your file exactly the same as your original uploaded file, and the system will override it.

if you have questions about your upload, contact Kevin - he's super-speedy about helping you guys with file upload issues. if you contact me directly, I usually say to him "hey Kevin, how do we fix this?" so you might as well go straight to the source.

Bill Thesken September 19th, 2010 05:16 PM

Hooray! Now I have time to re-shoot some scenes.

Kevin Railsback September 20th, 2010 08:53 AM

Our Roller Derby girls were awesome Saturday night. They pulled out the W 122-109.

My film is slowly coming together. I need to get the last couple shots today. So, I'm praying for some sunshine.

I think I have an idea for the last part of my script. Kind of hard shooting for it if it's not done yet. :)

And still no slo-mo water in this one. My little rapids that I love to film has the view blocked by a fallen tree. So it might be quite a while before it makes another appearance.

Hopefully will have my film uploaded tonight which was the plan before we got the one day extension.