DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Please Welcome our Judge for UWOL #17... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/485275-please-welcome-our-judge-uwol-17-a.html)

Meryem Ersoz September 25th, 2010 11:31 AM

Please Welcome our Judge for UWOL #17...

For UWOL #17 judge, we have reeled in a big fish!

Our judge for UWOL #17 is a familiar face at DVinfo. He's already schooled at giving great feedback and lending a hand to other shooters. I've been sharing shooting tips and tricks with him since before the nature cinematography forum (the "other" Under Water, Over Land) even existed, and he and I agitated for the introduction of that forum together.

He was a UWOL guy before we ever started UWOL!

He's a seasoned shooter and a talented one. He has produced books, DVDs, magazine covers. He shoots stills and video. You can view more of his work here:

WILD CARP.com LARGEST CARP FISHING WEBSITE IN THE WORLD!

Please welcome The Globetrotter, Tony Davies-Patrick, to our UWOL family.

He will be posting his judges' thread next week, some time between Monday and Friday, so look for it!

Kevin Railsback September 25th, 2010 11:41 AM

Hey Tony,

Welcome to UWOL!

Thanks for taking the time to check out our films!

Mike Sims September 25th, 2010 12:28 PM

Hi Tony. Thanks for agreeing to judge. I always look forward to more advise from you!

Dale Guthormsen September 25th, 2010 06:29 PM

Good evening,

I can't think of anyone better than Tony to look at the last round!! He has always been here to help anyone that is willing to listen to his seasoned advice!!!! Now I wish I had done something more serious!!!!!

Grreat to have you aboard!!!!!!!

Tony Davies-Patrick September 26th, 2010 04:52 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words. This is is a very busy time of the year for me, but I will try my best to find time over the next few days to sit down and view all the latest UWOL entries. Stay tuned! :)

Catherine Russell September 26th, 2010 07:32 AM

Hey Tony:

Hello and welcome! Thank you so much for offering your time and talent this round. Hopefully you'll find the entries won't disappoint!

Best,

Cat

Bob Safay September 26th, 2010 01:56 PM

Tony, I have been watching your stuff for years. Welcome. Bob

Tony Davies-Patrick September 27th, 2010 03:29 AM

Thank you Bob.

I watched all the UWOL entries last night, and have already picked the winning videos.

Meryem has asked me not only to choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in this contest, but also to write up a short critique/analysis of my selections. I'm a person who likes to say it how it is and I rarely pull punches...so I hope that the UWOL entry filmmakers are ready for a 'Simon Cowell' clone thrown into their midst! :)

I will post the winners of UWOL 17 competition on DVinfo within the next few days.