UWOL 18 The Other Things - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old November 26th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #16
Major Player

Wow Dale I am so impressed. I really enjoyed your film. You seem to improve in big steps with every Uwol entry. You have a nice story accompanied by beautiful footage and a variety of camera shots.

I enjoyed the huge flocks of geese and your flying raptors are graceful and masterfully captured. Some pretty amazing shots in there.

Congrats on a well-conceived film even with the limited subject matter you had available to you. I am so glad you did not give up on this one.
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #17
Major Player

Hey Dale

Excellent footage there, as usual (apart from the few glitches that have already been mentioned). As others have said, the audio lets it down somewhat. I really did wonder about the guitar track. On its own, I could easily have sat and listened to it all evening. Here it sounded like something you had on in the background when you were recording the voice-over as the volume didn't seem to change. When the geese were calling, the guitar was vying with your voice for the second level of sound. And later, with the eagles on ground and the coyote, the music could have been a little louder as there wasn't really any other sound apart from your voice.

But at least you got a video made, and you play the guitar beautifully.
Old December 5th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Thank you for the comentaries, all very much appreciated.

Annie, on this one I did not play the guitar piece at the start, I simply forgot to put that in the credits.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge