UWOL 18 Revisted and Re-edited at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old November 24th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Major Player

UWOL 18 Revisted and Re-edited

Hi,

(Please tell me if I am out of order and I will remove this)

I'm aware that this cannot be judged, but I thought you maybe interested in the result of all your helpful comments and critique. Although I was unable to take all them on board with this re-edit I hope I managed to incorporate most. I have included some footage not in the original edit but it was recorded at the same time as the original . Hopefully I have now made the artist section more coherent and watchable. I have also added a few seconds of tongues! at the end of the woodpecker section.

Thank you for all your postive comments, a result of which I now have something that I am now pleased with.

Please let me know what you think of it.

Mick

Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2010, 08:55 AM   #2
Major Player

Not out of order at all, Mick. I think I would have posted it in your original thread instead of starting a new one because the two threads will become widely separated over time. No worries, though. I'll come back and watch it as soon as I finish commenting on other folks threads. I'm eager to see what you've come up with!
Mike Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 09:40 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Mick. I just watched them both and I agree. I think it is an improvement. I think many of us re-edit based on suggestions from the group, but we don’t often get to see the results. Thank-you for sharing.
Mike Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking a look, pleased that you found the new edit an improvement

Mick
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi Mick,

I agree totally with Mike. Your second edit is a huge improvement. You removed all the rambling dialogue and went straight to the eye as an "intimate detail", which tied the whole piece together. Also removing the distraction of the deer clip was a good idea. I liked your mirroring of set-up, mid-range, and tight shots in the bird and the artist. I still haven't the discipline to do that consistently.
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #6
Trustee

Mick, agree with Mike and Steve it´s much better to watch now. Your are more direct and direct to the point. Your first one was not bad, but now when I was alerted what to look after this was the better version!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge