DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Season's Greetings Everyone! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/488579-seasons-greetings-everyone.html)

Catherine Russell December 7th, 2010 12:25 PM

Season's Greetings Everyone!

1 Attachment(s)
Hello UWOL family and viewers:

It is becoming a serious tradition in my family to make our own Christmas Card by profiling one of our farm animals.

For this year:

Meet Emily, master head-butter of small children (and adults for that matter!).

I extend to all of you my very best wishes for a season of renewed wonder this Christmas/Hanukah/Holiday Season.

I am deeply honored to know all of you and sincerely appreciate the backing and friendship I've received from Meryem, Kevin and Mat -- the real backbone of this forum.

Here's to a New Year of creative and powerful film making! You each motivate me to reach beyond what I think I can do. Now, what a blessing is that!

Cheers,

Cat

Kevin Railsback December 7th, 2010 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not that creative Cat. I just shot a picture of our tree in the living room.
Wishing ALL my UWOL friends Happy Holidays!!! You are my extended family and I've learned so much from all of you!!

Geir Inge December 8th, 2010 03:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Night view from my kitchen window.

Catherine Russell December 8th, 2010 09:40 AM

These cards are beautiful! Geir, did you take your photo around noon? :) Just kidding friend... nothing like a little ribbing with our friends from up north.

Thanks for sharing your holiday spirit and the same goes back to you.

Cat

Markus Nord December 17th, 2010 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings from Sweden every UWOL's out there...

Catherine Russell December 17th, 2010 05:50 PM

Oh! You simply can't get more adorable than that! What a little cutie :)

Greetings to the Nord family, and Merry Christmas!

Cat

Mat Thompson December 20th, 2010 04:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys

Santa's come a little early! Greettings to all my fellow uwolers :-)

Mat

Mike Sims December 22nd, 2010 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Season's Greetings Bodacious Bodhi
Happy Hanukkah Peaceful Eid ul-Adha
Enjoyable Pancha Ganapati Invigorating Inti Raymi
Bountiful Kwanzaa Scintillating Solstice
Merry Christmas Happy New Year

The best gift we can ever give is true tolerance of the beliefs of others.

I wish everyone at DVInfo:

God jol og godt nyttår
Nadolig llawen a blwyddyn newydd dda
God jul och gott nytt år
Joyeux Noël et bonne année
Geseënde Kersfees en 'n gelukkige nuwe jaar
Froue Weihnåcht'n, und a guad's nei's Joah
honnen mo yoroshiku onegai itashimasu
¡Feliz Navidad y próspero año nuevo!
A freylikhe nitl un a guter nayer yor
Eftyhisméno to Néo Étos!
Natale hilare et annum faustum
Merry Christmas and Happy UWOL New Year!

Let’s make 2011 the best year yet in video- Under Water, Over Land and around the planet!

Trond Saetre December 22nd, 2010 10:19 AM

Wish all my uwol family happy holidays!!

ps, it is still not too late to sign up for the UWOL/DVC charity challenge.
Plenty of time to have fun until deadline January 9! :)

Catherine Russell December 22nd, 2010 12:38 PM

Wow Mike!

That was a greeting not only with a lot of heart, but a lot of work!

Happy New Year everyone!

Cat

Alan Melville December 23rd, 2010 07:26 AM

I'm not a Christmasy person but I respect the fact that others believe in it, so if you're one of those, here's wishing you a Merry Christmas, and if you're like me, have a great holiday..... :)

As for the New Year, here's hoping everyone has a rippa.........woo hoo......

Al

Dale Guthormsen December 23rd, 2010 06:11 PM

Good Evening,

Merry Christmas a Happy new years!!

May the best of your past be the worst in your future.

Or something like that.

Dale

Marj Atkins December 24th, 2010 05:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wishing you all a safe and peaceful Christmas.

Bob Safay December 25th, 2010 04:59 AM

It is Christmas morning in Atlanta, Georgia. Happy Holidays to you all. 2011 will be a very interesting year. Be safe and where ever you may travel over the holidays.......TAKE YOUR CAMCORDERS. Bob

Mike Beckett December 25th, 2010 05:05 PM

Merry Christmas to everyone in UWOL-land!

I've been out of the game for a while due to personal and work commitments, but hope to return to UWOL in the New Year. I hope everyone is having a great Christmas, Holiday, or whatever you celebrate! Santa has been good to me, but I need to wait a little longer for my new Vinten tripod to arrive.

By way of a mini Christmas project, I present a little video that just shows the birds in my garden today. Here in the top part of Ireland, we're in the grip of the coldest winter since records began. Temperatures of -18 degrees have been recorded (0 degrees Fahrenheit), and wildlife is suffering. I've been suffering too - cars just don't go, and I've been walking to work with 6 layers of clothes on. Not fun.

I know, Per Johan and Geir Inge and the rest of those handsome Scandinavians are laughing at me!

We always feed the birds, and this year I've pulled out all the stops to try to keep our little friends alive. 12kg sacks of bird seed are being regularly purchased, I've spent a lot of cash on new feeders, and we're out several times a day topping up supplies. (I don't want to re-awaken debates about whether or not to feed birds - this is the way it is on our culture, and always has been).

We've had an unprecedented number of birds in the garden. Ten blackbirds in a garden that normally has just one, and the resident one is spending more time chasing the invaders from his territory than eating food. It is all very worrying, our wildlife just can't cope in these conditions, and lots of birds are simply dying from hunger and thirst.

It's amazing to watch them, and I always wonder how they survive. Some of them can even be seen standing on one leg while they eat, presumably to minimise contact with the ground.

It was quite dark today, and this was shot quickly with my Panasonic FZ100 stills camera (with 800mm lens at times). I wanted to see how this camera fared for wildlife work, as it is compact and easily carried. It did struggle a bit with the exposure, particularly with black-coloured birds on white snow. But anyway, this piece isn't about technical brilliance!

So, I hope you enjoy the little show. Merry Christmas one and all!

Alan Melville December 25th, 2010 08:43 PM

Mike,

Both my daughters and I really enjoyed your video.

As a point of interest it'll be 36 c degrees on my brothers farm today................

Al

Per Johan Naesje December 26th, 2010 01:56 AM

Happy Holiday to all!

It´s been a white and very cold Christmas eve at my place. Temperatures almost at -30 C (-22 F). That´s cold for every species. In fact not much wildlife to spot these days.

Mike, I´m not laughing. I´m sitting in front of the fire place, trying to thaw after a couple of hours out in the wild ;-)