DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Shark tank #19 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/491853-shark-tank-19-a.html)

Markus Nord February 16th, 2011 02:41 PM

Shark tank #19

Well... Time is running out... I have not picked up my camera at all, to much stuff going on.
Tomorrow it's no time and Friday I leave for meet up with the the cave team for the up coming expedition in March...

... So that's the "Kaploutch" of me jumping in and big swells flooding the floor around the tank. Just so you all know... It no more room in here... Just me and the shark!

Cheers and I do my best for the next one... If time is more friendly

Mike Beckett February 17th, 2011 03:15 AM

Me too, Markus. A combination of excuses, but work has taken over my life and I just haven't had the time recently. Weather here is dreadful as well, and inspiration for a "story" hasn't been forthcoming.

And I got my hopes up with Cat's hint that the "rock lovers" would like this one!

Catherine Russell February 17th, 2011 11:37 AM

Sorry guys, to see you take the plunge...

Taking a dip in freezing February sounds downright unpleasant!

All the best to you both next time!

Cat

Finn-Erik Faale February 19th, 2011 03:11 PM

Ashamed and still in the Shark tank. The subject was exciting, but my my ideas did not work this time.
I am eagerly to watch the uploaded films.

Kevin Railsback February 20th, 2011 12:21 AM

Well, I'm certainly in the tank.
Haven't left the house for a month except for traveling to Iowa City to see my doctor.
So, no chance to getting out by tomorrow to shoot anything.

My idea was all about the concept of time. It would all take place in the motion of a single day. So think about all the things that happen during a typical day that are all related to time and motion.
I think it could have been a good one. Might file that one away for future use. :)

Henry Williams February 20th, 2011 10:56 AM

Really sorry to be jumping straight into the shark tank on my first UWOL outing, but I'm afraid that losing my largest client has meant an unanticipated rather frantic few weeks trying to find new business and my competition entry has rather fallen by the wayside. Many apologies. I'll make sure to redeem myself next comp.

Annie Haycock February 20th, 2011 05:07 PM

I seem to have spent more time in the shark tank than out!

I tried plan A, B and C, hindered by my Canon A1 having been sent back to Canon to sort out the firewire port that isn't working. In desperation I tried to film a starling roost with a Canon Legria - a palmcorder designed for sunshine holidays, not fast-moving birds at dusk. The results are too ugly to share. Then I hunted around existing footage for inspiration for a non-competitive entry, but even that didn't work.

Well, let's hope for better luck next time.

Mike Sims February 20th, 2011 06:46 PM

Well, this is my first “Chondrichthyquarium” adventure. I had a rough start between weather and illness, but I had an idea at the end that I thought left me in with a chance. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out for me so it’s double efforts next time. I’ll be watching and commenting on all the videos and I encourage all my fellow shark lovers to do so as well. I hope to see you all (including a few who weren’t able to get in this time!) again in April.

Kevin- My best wishes on your continuing convalescence. I trust you’ll be back in top form soon!

Bob Thieda February 21st, 2011 10:05 AM

Re: Shark tank #19

In the tank myself...just did not have the time available I thought I would have...
Looking forward to watching the entries.

Kevin McRoberts February 22nd, 2011 08:51 AM

Re: Shark tank #19

Don't worry, the sharks are more scared of us than we are of them... right?

I think this is the 3rd time I've managed to complete nothing. Had an idea, had a rough shotlist, even tried to film some of the night footage, but more's the flop. When it isn't a priority, it shows.

Someday soon.