DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Tales of wonders and woe - UWOL #21 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/499109-tales-wonders-woe-uwol-21-a.html)

Trond Saetre August 2nd, 2011 01:32 AM

Tales of wonders and woe - UWOL #21

What goes well, what goes not so well...
Here is the place to share it all.

Good luck everyone, and remember to strictly follow rule #11, have FUN!

Markus Nord August 2nd, 2011 01:54 PM

Re: Tales of wonders and woe - UWOL #21

Ok! It's on...
I got a story for some time now, but have not hade the time or opertunity to shot it, but now may be the time. The theme is not spot on, but I hope it's close enough.
But I would need some help for this one. Is it anyone the got a teen dother tha could read the voice over for me. It needs to be a teen girl and also English speaking.
This short will be a pilot in a big production webserie I'm planing ( and UWOL is the perfect place to test new ideas).
If anyone can help, please send a mail to markus (at) nordproduktion (dot) se

Thanks!

Lorinda Norton August 3rd, 2011 06:28 PM

Have you found anyone to do the voiceover yet, Markus? If not, I'm sure I could round up someone and record it for you!

Meryem Ersoz August 3rd, 2011 10:33 PM

How old does your teenager need to be, Markus? I might know a couple, too, depending on the age you're looking for...

Markus Nord August 4th, 2011 01:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks girls... no one yet.
My film will be a children program about some UW critters and the character the voice is for, is a female "toon-cyanobacteria" that will host the program. The age is not so important, more about a fun and "prankish".

If you got anyone around you that may fit the description I would highly appreciate your help.

this is a drawing of the character.

Victor Wilcox August 4th, 2011 07:22 AM

Heat index is 110 F all week. Need I say more.

Lorinda Norton August 4th, 2011 08:31 AM

Absolute misery for the shooter, but the snakes and lizards should be loving it, I would think. ;)

Cute drawing, Markus. Fun, prankish, cyanobacteria girl, hmm? Meryem, do you have someone in mind or should I start making phone calls?

Mike Sims August 4th, 2011 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It was 108 here yesterday. It’s supposed to cool off to 107 today (I don’t even dare look at the heat index!). I’ve spent the last few days trying something different and have managed to get only one shot before my subjects absolutely refused to cooperate. (Can’t blame them- too hot.) I don’t know if it will work until I see how it cuts against straight footage. I’m playing with an experimental Frazier-like lens train. So far it’s only held together with tape, spit, string and a few well placed prayers and curses. If it works, I’ll build something more field worthy. Here’s a still of the set up. The second tripod is a stage for the macro subject.

Rob Evans August 4th, 2011 12:57 PM

Mike that looks capable of putting a 3 inch grouping at 1000 yards :-)

Bill Thesken August 4th, 2011 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll be taking us on an underwater adventure for this round. I shot all my footage on the day the theme was announced. Now I have to piece the story together. Here's a screenshot.

Steve Siegel August 4th, 2011 06:17 PM

Markus,

I have been playing with some voice altering software called MorphVox Pro (from a company called Screaming Bee). It allows you to change your voice, even to a woman's. Even to a teenager.
I altered my self to a teenage boy with good results. Granted it was just a couple of short phrases, not a whole narrative, but if you can't find a real girl, it might work. Price is less than $100 US.

Steve Siegel August 4th, 2011 06:23 PM

And now that it's the subject of discussion, I had mentioned in a post a year ago the idea of UWOLers setting up a bank of voice-over volunteers for each other to use (or for a nominal fee) in our productions. Markus needs a girl. I could use a Frenchman, A Scotsman, a Boston Brahmin and a New Yorker. I thought it was a pretty good idea, but no one seemed interested at the time.

Bob Safay August 5th, 2011 08:10 AM

Steve, if you recall I did the VO for Kevin Railsback's video "The River". It worked great. He sent me the video and script. I make a few changes, did the VO and sent it back to him. If you do start a list, I will be th first to volunteer. Bob

Geir Inge August 5th, 2011 08:21 AM

Hollidays are over and I'm back home from Crete.
Lovely days with temp around 40+C, hot, hot, hot - but I like it :)
BIRDS, FISH, REPTILES, AND AMPHIBIANS, well I just have to figure out something for this round.
You are clever Meryem to put up such exciting themes.
I have an idea and now I have to twist my mind, how to put it into max 3 min.

Markus Nord August 5th, 2011 12:03 PM

I volunteer for that list if any one would need my weird Scandinavian voice. I would be honored if any one thought that my voice would fit...

I'm almost finished writing the VO, just some small ajustments left. Then a quick planing of what images I need. I don't like to plan it to much, then I feel to bound and can't "go with the flow" when I get into the water.