DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   What's Up (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/503887-whats-up.html)

Dale Guthormsen December 27th, 2011 11:39 AM

What's Up

Good Morning,

I was wondering whats up with UWOL these days. Is there a plan for the near future?

Hope all are enjoying the Christmas season!!!

Lorinda Norton December 27th, 2011 07:51 PM

Re: What's Up

Providing I can remember to do it, you will see a sign-up the last week in February and UWOL 22 will begin March 1. http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-cha...an-i-play.html

Dale Guthormsen December 29th, 2011 10:50 AM

Well,

I normally would respond, great the weather will be better by then; but, this is the year where we seem to be having no real winter!!!! Had a pretty brown Christmas!! Raining today, unbeliveable.

Look forward to the next go around.

Hope all have a great new year.

Trond Saetre December 30th, 2011 03:01 AM

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
Dale, it's the same over here. We have been visited by one storm after another for the last months. Even a bad hurricane on Christmas day.

Come March, come March! Can't wait to get started with next uwol! :)

Lorinda Norton January 3rd, 2012 12:54 AM

Weather here sounds similar to Saskatchewan's in that we not only had a brown Christmas, we don't have snow in the mountains to help with our reserve for farm irrigation this year.

Unless second guessing or doubt sets in I've already got a theme in mind for UWOL 22 that I think you all will like! :D

Simon Wood February 4th, 2012 01:08 PM

I hope the theme is a snow related - I'm heading off to Northern Finland tonight for the next month and a half. The temperature was almost minus 40 celcius when I checked last night!

I won't be able to take my venerable XLH1 with me, so I'm going to be experimenting with my new Canon T3i for this round, along with my new Roland R-26 audio recorder (courtesy of Guy Cochran at DVestore.com, and the DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge). I have to plug the R-26 at this juncture; its a really brilliant little recorder, with excellent preamps - anyone thinking about a recorder should talk to Guy about it and the other options out there.

See you all in UWOL 22!

Trond Saetre February 4th, 2012 02:52 PM

Have a nice trip, Simon!

Can't wait for uwol 22.

Dale Guthormsen February 8th, 2012 07:41 PM

We normally have some -35 to -40, but this winter is the winter that never was!!!! The falcons love it, though I wish it were a bit colder at least to feb 28th!!

Uwol challenge is supposed to start March 1, that is a few weeks off. I got out the cameras and was getting them all in order. the sony was out for repairs and I have been having to rebuild my custom presets to get a match to the canon, what a pain in the _____.

Look forward to the sign up thread, I sometimes wonder what happened to the group.

dale

Maybe this will make you smile, our little pups;

Trond Saetre February 9th, 2012 05:22 AM

Nice video, Dale! Puppies are always funny.

Good to hear you got your camera back from repairs.
I agree, it's been very quiet here for a while now. Luckily March 1 isn't so very far away.

Lorinda Norton February 14th, 2012 10:56 PM

Sign up for UWOL 22 will begin next week, with the challenge start date March 1! Watch for the post!!! :D

Geir Inge February 17th, 2012 05:38 AM

Hello all my friends at UWOL.
I just stopped by to give you a message.
It pays to be a part of UWOL, so I call on all to participate in uwol 22.
I myself do not know if I'm able to participate, as I have have 4 months left of my study.
I'll be graduating in June 14th and have to use all my energy on the exam :)
Still I will sign up and try to make a film, if that's ok?

Well, my real message is that today I have sold some of my otter recordings to the national television station (NRK), and I'm very happy for it.
So when NRK show these recordings in April, I think it's propper to send you all great uwolers a big thank you. I owe you all a big thank you for advice and tips through the years, that have made ​​me a better moviemaker. It pays back to be an Uwoler I guess ;)

Keep up the good work, and see you around.

Mike Sims February 17th, 2012 08:37 AM

Congratulations, Geir Inge! Thank-you for sharing that. I hope you will be able to make a video for UWOL 22. (I hope I will, too! ;) I am waiting for some equipment to return from repair.)

Chris Hurd February 17th, 2012 09:13 AM

Well done, Geir -- congratulations!

Mick Jenner February 17th, 2012 10:27 AM

Loved the otter clips, congratulations on your sale. Hope to see you in the next round

Mick

Finn-Erik Faale February 17th, 2012 01:24 PM

Congratulations, Geir Inge. I am happy with you.
NRK, - this is really something.
I will not miss the program in april.