DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Tales of Wonders and Woes - UWOL22 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/505765-tales-wonders-woes-uwol22.html)

Trond Saetre March 2nd, 2012 12:37 PM

Tales of Wonders and Woes - UWOL22

The good, the bad and everything in between about the production of your entries for UWOL22.

Good luck everyone!
Remember the most important Rule #11: Have Fun!

Mike Sims March 6th, 2012 11:54 AM

Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - UWOL22

Wow. Six days in and no one has anything to report? That’s unusual. I guess everyone is keeping all the “little” details to themselves!

So far, I’ve had only modest success. I have been concentrating on the more difficult shots though and things will pick up when I start shooting the easier stuff. I like the story I’m trying to tell and I think I should be able to finish it.

I hope everyone is off to a good start.

Trond Saetre March 6th, 2012 12:00 PM

Agreed, it's been unusual quiet here.
I'm guilty myself.. Was out hiking and trying to come up with an idea. So far, I haven't shot a single frame.

Mike Sims March 6th, 2012 12:09 PM

I think that thinking about it is the most important step. Usually it takes me a while to come up with a plan but I’m off to an earlier start for this round because I had thought about doing this story for an earlier round and the theme this time was good for it.

Bill Thesken March 6th, 2012 12:35 PM

We've had about 50 inches of rain over the past week, flooding, roads and schools closed, lightning bolts the size of buses. Hasn't quite been the setting I'm planning for a sunny day excursion in the wild, but the weather is clearing.

Geir Inge March 6th, 2012 02:29 PM

I have several tasks at once.

1) The main thing is my studies and final exams are in June
2) my partnership with MRK (National TV) and filming otters
3) UWOL 22 and the little things :)

The weather forecast has announced a storm this night, and I'm hoping it will calm down to Thursday.
I travel to Kvamsøy and stay there on Thursday and Friday, trying to catch the little things and the otters.
Well, at least I look at this as a plan ;)

Best of luck to all of you.

Simon Wood March 7th, 2012 09:43 AM

I have not had a chance to think about it.

I'm still traveling through Northern Finland at the moment with my family (including a 4 year old and a 1 year old - there never seems to be a quiet moment). I'll be in Uganda for the second 2 weeks catching up with work, and meanwhile I have a load of stuff to arrange before we leave here (including selling a car we bought for touring).

Not looking too good so far; I think I'm out...

Mick Jenner March 8th, 2012 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My new director of time lapse filming,. trying to capture bees with an extreme cam !

Trond Saetre March 9th, 2012 02:17 AM

Nice picture, Mick! I look forward to see what your new director comes up with. :)

I think I might have an useful idea. Hopefully all the forecasted wind, rain and snow this weekend will cooperate a bit.

Mike Sims March 9th, 2012 09:09 AM

Wow, Mick. You’re so lucky to have a Dachshund that helps out! My two Dobermans are both critics…

Dale Guthormsen March 10th, 2012 11:01 AM

Good Morning,

I have been distilling my plans, I have two options and just holding one incase things fall apart for plan A. I to have 4 legged helpers and will post a picture later today.

We have not had the monsoons that bill has had!! but we have had a fair bit of snow!

Seeing the flick of mikes helper with the flowers in the background makes me a tad invious!!!

Sheila and I are going out about 5:30 this afternoon to shoot our first footage for #22.

Hope everyone is having some fun with this challenge.

Mick Jenner March 11th, 2012 06:37 AM

Hi Dale,

Just to make you bit more envious these were filmed just before the the end of Feb

Filmed with jvc gy-hm700 14x canon lens

Mike

Mike Sims March 12th, 2012 04:06 PM

Uggh! Remind me not to do this during Spring Break week again. I feel like a salmon that’s swum upstream from fighting the massive crowds. It’s easy to believe there are seven billion people on earth. I think I must have run into half of them today. At least the weather was nice and I might have got some useful footage.

Mike Sims March 13th, 2012 11:26 AM

After yesterday’s woes this morning was a wonder. Viva rule eleven! I had a lot of fun trying a technique I’ve not done before- the “reverse UWOL shot”. It drew a crowd. They all politely clapped when I started breaking down the rig. (No, I did not take a bow.) It was much more fun than waiting for a replacement part I ordered delivered Second Day Delivery from California which just arrived nine days late (“Uhhh, like, I dunnow. Like, mebbe we sent it to the wrong dude.” Actual quote.)

Trond Saetre March 13th, 2012 02:06 PM

Good to hear some wonder stories too.

Rule 11 has been stricktly followed at all times by me too, but the plan to film my entry got drowned in loads of rain, very wet snow, hail and a storm this last weekend. Didn't even dare taking the camera out of my backpack. Who knew an underwater housing would have been a good idea far up in the mountains.
Better luck next time. Still plenty time until deadline. :)