DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 23 - The Theme Is... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/508273-uwol-23-theme.html)

Lorinda Norton June 5th, 2012 08:23 AM

UWOL 23 - The Theme Is...

Time for UWOL 23 to begin! The theme this round is A Force of Nature. Now, if you’re thinking it’s too narrow because you don’t live near an active volcano or crashing surf, keep in mind that all kinds of things can qualify—it’s all relative to the scale and impact within that scale. There are other interpretations, as well--get as creative as you wish!

A little housekeeping before you go: Read the rules if you haven’t. Make sure the title of your entry is not the same as the theme--if we get five entries called “A Force of Nature” it makes it hard to keep them straight. And a reminder about copyright: whether music or the written word, if you didn’t write it you’d better have permission to use it!

All right, friends, get out there and have fun shooting!!

Mike Sims June 5th, 2012 09:00 AM

Re: UWOL 23 - The Theme Is...

Thank-you, Lorinda for another great theme! Just think, if we all complete a video this time we’ll not only be a Force of Nature, we’ll set a new record. Good-luck all!

Dale Guthormsen June 5th, 2012 09:38 AM

Ahhhhh!!!!

Lorinda, THIS IS A GOOD ONE!!!

I have no excuse to not complete! I will have to submit on the 27th of June however as we will be heading out of country on the 28th and wont be back until after it over.

Markus Nord June 5th, 2012 09:38 AM

Nice theme Lorinda... Hmmm, now I just need to twist my brain

Simon Wood June 5th, 2012 10:13 AM

My hats off to you for coming up with such interesting themes!

Luckily I have an idea; an old abandoned project might be resurrected with this, albeit with a new and different approach. But if I try to follow that idea it'll make the vintage motorbike expedition for the Christmas Challenge look like a cakewalk.

Now to convince the family that we need to go on a trip.....

Marj Atkins June 5th, 2012 11:14 AM

Really nice theme Lorinda!

Trond Saetre June 5th, 2012 12:04 PM

Interesting theme.
Let the fun begin!

Gordon Hoffman June 5th, 2012 12:24 PM

Nice one Lorinda.
Mike in a few of the early UWOL's we where getting over 30 videos entered. Would be nice to get more finished again.

Gordon

Mike Sims June 5th, 2012 01:55 PM

UC7 and UC9 both had 32 finished videos, so in order to break that you and I are going to need to make three or four videos each! ;)

Owen Dawe June 5th, 2012 03:30 PM

Mmmm! This sounds interesting. Good one Lorinda. It's worth having to wait an extra day to find the theme :)

Gordon Hoffman June 6th, 2012 07:41 AM

Only three or four. Man I thought this was going to be a challenge! : )

Gordon

Geir Inge June 6th, 2012 05:52 PM

I kinda like this theme, Lorinda (you clever girl).
Tomorrow I'm off to school for my final exam, schedule is Friday 8.00 am.
Then I have one week of work in front of me, then off to Rhodos for one week vacation.
That leaves me with more than a week to finish my video.
As always I have a plan and as always this plan will change during progression :)

Wish you all the best - and may the force be with you.