DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 23 Furry Force of Nature- Ruth Happel (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/509075-uwol-23-furry-force-nature-ruth-happel.html)

Ruth Happel July 6th, 2012 01:13 PM

UWOL 23 Furry Force of Nature- Ruth Happel

I was well on my way to a normal film this time, since I had quite a bit of footage for my basic theme showing the forces of nature ranging from daily to millions of years. But then inexplicably my dog stole the video camera and hijacked the content. So though he didn't eat my homework, he has to accept the blame for the unexpected direction of the film.

As Bill noted on his feedback thread, the Vimeo videos seem to stutter more than usual this month. Pausing and then playing again seems to help some. But there are still some visual and audio glitches not in the original. Here is the link-

UWOL 23

Thanks for watching!

Ruth

Bill Thesken July 6th, 2012 03:41 PM

Re: UWOL 23 Furry Force of Nature- Ruth Happel

That dang dog !#*
Another gem Ruth. That voice over animal combo is very funny.
Was that a wolf in there?

Chris Barcellos July 6th, 2012 04:57 PM

A lot of fun in this one with the animals.... more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Trond Saetre July 7th, 2012 12:05 AM

Hi Ruth!

This was funny! You always find cool ways to make the stories more alive and entertaining.
The dog stealing the show sounds familiar.
Loved the close up shots of the insects.

Well done!

(I did not notice any playback issues, no stuttering for me)

Per Johan Naesje July 7th, 2012 03:09 AM

A very nice and amusing film to watch. The way you made the narrating of the animals was cool. And your dog was a perfect actor too!

I didnīt notice any stutter in the video either!

Simon Wood July 8th, 2012 02:37 AM

A humorous approach to the theme; but I hate to be the one to tell you that you need to get a leash for your dog...he's out of control!

How did you attach the camera to him (what kind of camera)?

That cicada was awesome.Did you find the wolf and some of the other animals in the wild or in a zoo? I'm interested to hear how you were able to get such a wide variety of animals! That wolf seemed like he was shot on a big zoom or something.

Thanks for an entertaining and offbeat story!

Gordon Hoffman July 8th, 2012 04:12 PM

Hi Ruth
I think the dog should get a raise!
No stuttering here either. Another humorous and entertaining video.

Gordon

Mike Sims July 9th, 2012 09:28 AM

Hi Ruth. This one gets my vote! I loved the opening clip. I just have one bone to pick with Siggy- that seventeen year periodicity, was that in dog years? (Some cicadas do have periods of that order.) By the way, I see nothing abnormal about this film. (And neither do my dogs.)

Owen Dawe July 10th, 2012 03:00 AM

Giday Ruth,

I always enjoy the humour you inject into your videos. The dog has a good eye for composition, focus and did he do the editing as well? Very well done. There was no stuttery video here. I think your close ups are amazing.