UWOL#25 - The wideness of the horizon- Geir Inge B. Brekke - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old April 9th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: UWOL#25 - The wideness of the horizon- Geir Inge B. Brekke

Mike:
Thank you for comments on my film.
Film clips of the crow is special for me too.
Often I feel like I need to shoot the particular animal or bird.
Creatures that are difficult to reach, such as the otter, marten or eagles.
Otherwise it will not be good enough. Well I think that's wrong of me :)
Several times I have found that even the most ordinary and common animals and birds, can display behavior rarely seen, even if you have them around you in your neighborhood.
One need not travel far or seek out exotic animals to take part in exciting adventures.
The recordings of the crow was a great bonus, as I really was looking for the Otter.
After several hours of waiting, with no results as many other times,
his crow suddenly came flying and sat right in front of me.
It was special to witness a behavior I had never seen before.
And it also says that all life has something to contribute to the diversity around us.

Dale:
Thanks for the nice words and YES, I recommend buying a Copt ;)
In Norway, one must seek permission from the National Security Agency and the Civil Aviation Authority,
to be allowed to film from such helicopters and model aircraft. I've got my permission;)
I am very happy for your comment on the manuscript.
Speaking in English, particularly writing, is very difficult for me. So the comment warmed my heart.
I also thank you for the great advice on editing, color correction, etc.
To me, this is what Uwol is all about, that I learn while I expand my horizon.
Haha, that was the right last comment, was it not?

Oliver:
Thank you for nice comments on my film.
Well from where I'm standing (the last clip) it's almost 300 m straight down to the sea.
I'm glad you like the scenary.
It's nice to be reminded of our beautiful landscape, otherwise I can easily take them for granted.

Marj:
Thanks for the nice comments, which I appreciate very much.
I wish I had more time to film birds and animals to this round, not enough time unfortunately.
On the island of Runde, only the Gannets had come in from the sea at this time of year.
I also saw some eagles, but did not get any good footage.
Well, on one occasion I fly the Phantom and got one eagle on tape with my GoPro,
but the eagle was a bit small and the very edge of the film route.
Sorry, you can not use zoom with the GoPro camera.
The river where I filmed dipper is a 2 hour drive from where I live.
The problem with the Phantom is that it makes some noise,
so I scared dipper when I flew over the river, but it came right back, lucky me.
I love that little bird and in fact, it is our National bird ;)
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #17
Wrangler

"Beauty, charm and adventure..." Geir Inge, with your poetic, philosophical words and gentle delivery you bring so much romance into wildlife films! For someone who uses Google Translator, I am astounded by your command of the English language. Your optimism is contagious; it takes a lot to make me see crows in a more positive light, yet, you did it! That sequence charmed me to no end, mainly because the joy and appreciation in your voice drew me into the GIBB "crow appreciation club."

This theme played well into your purchase of the quadrocopter, and you put it to great use. As the video progressed I wondered how you would work it in, and was pleased to see that segue was seemless, at least in my eyes. By the way, I loved the shot of the bubbles in the water then the payoff of the little bird popping out. What a fun surprise!

I know how much you love Runde so hesitate to say this, but in my opinion you could have cut the above and below shots of the birds near the end and still had a solid piece--they didn't hurt anything but didn't move it forward, either.

This is one of the entries I will visit often when I need to relax, recharge, and be refreshed. Thank you for another very fine film.
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #18
Trustee

Hi Lorinda and thank you very much for the nice comments and advice.
I've already done a little re-edit on the film ;o)
The plan was, as I have mentioned earlier in the thread, to cooperate with the son of my friend.
He was going to shoot me in action in the field, but unfortunately our plan went down the drain this time.
For me it was important to make a contribution, although it was a bit amputated.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge