DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 25 -- The Winners!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/515843-uwol-25-winners.html)

Lorinda Norton April 15th, 2013 07:01 PM

UWOL 25 -- The Winners!!

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulations to the thirteen UWOL contestants who submitted videos! You all provided us with much enlightenment and entertainment, and we thank you.

We also want to thank Chris Hurd, owner of DV Info Net, for funding the Vimeo Pro account that contains all of our videos, and now offering prizes of gift cards from B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders for the winner, the runners-up, plus DVi-branded swag for all who submitted an entry! That's mighty generous of you, Chris!!

Here we go with the results!

2nd Runner Up, receiving a $25 B&H Photo/Video gift card:

Paul Wood with "The Atlantic Forest"

1st Runner Up, receiving a $50 B&H Photo/Video gift card:

Markus Nord with "Exploring"

And the WINNER of UWOL 25, receiving a $100 B&H Photo/Video gift card:

Mike Sims with "Red River Survivors"

This makes you a two-time UWOL Champion, Mike! Congratulations on a well-deserved win!!

Those who submitted entries in the 2012 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge already received lens pens from Chris, so several of you will get another, along with the 2013 NAB DVi-branded pen/iPad soft-tip Stylus! If you sent your address last time you don't have to send it again. For everyone else, please send your mailing address to uwol@dvinfo.net and we'll get your swag sent to you.

That's it, folks! For anyone who missed this challenge or just can't wait until the next one in June, check out this collaborative project in the talking stages right now! http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-cha...l-project.html

Chris Hurd April 15th, 2013 07:32 PM

Re: UWOL 25 -- The Winners!!

Hearty congrats to Mike, Markus, Paul and everyone else who participated in this round... having been out of town all last week at NAB, I'm really looking forward to some couch time and checking out all of your entries!

Trond Saetre April 16th, 2013 01:22 AM

Mike, Markus, Paul, congratulations!!

Good to see there were so many submitted entries this time.
Hope we get even more next time. :)

Geir Inge April 16th, 2013 01:36 AM

My congratulations and thanks to the winning trio of Mike, Markus and Paul,
for great contributions.
This was a great game with many excellent approaches to the theme "Expanding horizons".
Thank you Lorinda, because you once again led us through the competition.
And thank you Chris, because you give us a place and a voice on the web.

Simon Wood April 16th, 2013 02:12 AM

Well done Mike; you had a great story and told it well. Congrats to the Runners up Markus & Paul; all 3 were great films using the theme in vastly different ways. See you all next round!

Finn-Erik Faale April 16th, 2013 03:37 AM

My congratulations to Mike, Markus and Paul for great films.
Thanks to Lorinda and Chris.

Paul Wood April 16th, 2013 04:46 AM

Congratulations Mike, on a well deserved win! Also to Markus for an excellent story, well told.

And many thanks to everyone for their votes, and to Linda & Chris for their efforts in organising the contest!

I hope to see you all next time, and maybe in between with a collaborative film!

Oliver Pahlow April 16th, 2013 05:41 AM

Congradulations Mike, Marcus, and Paul. Nicely done and well deserved. Also, thank you Lorinda and Chris for going out of your way to make this happen.

Mike Sims April 16th, 2013 06:51 AM

Wow! This is such a thrill because all of the videos are so very good this round. Congratulations to Markus and Paul. Thank-you Chris Hurd. I hope you know how much we all love this place. Many thanks to Lorinda. Wrangling UWOLers must be like herding cats. We had a good turn out for UC25 but we can do even better in June. I hope to see you all, and many more, again then. Best wishes all.

By the way, I now realize that the thing my Samurai has been missing all along is a classy DVInfo stylus. Woo-hoo!

Bob Thieda April 16th, 2013 07:46 AM

Mike, Marcus and Paul, great jobs! Congratulations on your wins!

And everyone else, thank you. This was a fun event and I am wondering why I've been away so long.
Looking forward to the next challenge.

Dale Guthormsen April 16th, 2013 08:41 AM

congratulations Everyone!!

Particularly Mike for coming up with the winner!!!

It was a grtesat story, well told and presented!!

Keep up the great work!!!!

dale

Marj Atkins April 16th, 2013 10:54 AM

Congratulations Mike, Markus and Paul! Three very well-deserved wins!

Thank you Chris and thank you Lorinda for all your hard work behind the scenes.

Chris Barcellos April 16th, 2013 11:27 AM

Good show to the top three, and to all who participated.

Markus Nord April 16th, 2013 01:16 PM

Congrats Mike and to you too Paul, well done.
Hope to se you all next time.

Bill Thesken April 16th, 2013 08:01 PM

Congratulations Mike, Marcus, and Paul, see you for the next challenge.