DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Tales of wonders and woes - UWOL 27 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/518670-tales-wonders-woes-uwol-27-a.html)

Trond Saetre September 2nd, 2013 04:08 PM

Tales of wonders and woes - UWOL 27

Hi guys and gals,

You probably all know it by now:
Here is the place for the good and the not so good stories.
What goes silky smooth, what caused trouble and everything in between about your making of the entries.

Bring it!

And never forget to pay attention to rule 11 at all times: Have fun!

Trond Saetre September 5th, 2013 12:24 PM

Re: Tales of wonders and woes - UWOL 27

It's been quiet here..
How is everyone doing? Still twisting your brains trying to come up with an idea?
That's about where I am so far.

Woody Sanford September 5th, 2013 05:42 PM

Actually my first wonder is I came up with an idea within a half hour of posting on the theme. Then came the woe of not having time to work on it yet. :-) Hopefully I can get started this weekend, if not next.

Tim Lewis September 5th, 2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trond Saetre (Post 1811511)
How is everyone doing? Still twisting your brains trying to come up with an idea?

My woe has begun, because my idea kept me from sleep for too long. It is too big an idea for a first attempt, so I am trying to find ways to reduce it without losing it altogether.

Sorted! As it will be heavily music based, I will use a shorter piece.

Mikael Ewald September 5th, 2013 10:25 PM

I am totally blank….. :(

Marj Atkins September 6th, 2013 03:11 AM

Try this Ewald - it may get you started.

timing - definition of timing by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Because I have limited time in which to do this my story is very simple. Unfortunately, to work, it will rely on finding one or two things that are out of my control - just hope I will find them! Big hunt on tomorrow.

Trond Saetre September 6th, 2013 04:51 AM

Tim, your idea sounds interesting. I look forward to see what you come up with.
And welcome to the uwol gang!

I got an idea. But then I would need to learn advanced CGI or animation real super quick.
I guess a new idea is required... Back to the think tank for me.

Lorinda Norton September 6th, 2013 09:39 AM

Think tank is a much better place than the other one that gets mentioned around here... :)

Marj Atkins September 7th, 2013 11:00 AM

Went out today to find what I was looking for - and quite amazingly found the two essential shots I needed. Not the greatest of shots but at least I now have the ingredients for a story. Fortunately there is still time to find better shots to replace these but in the meantime these are in the bag.

Hope you all go well this weekend too.

Bryce Comer September 7th, 2013 10:50 PM

Well I have an idea that I think may work. I am still working on my mountain caribou project, so I thought I would try to do something that I can incorporate into that down the track. Will be heading up into the mountains tomorrow, so I hope I can start to put something together for this one & stay out of the shark tank!

Dale Guthormsen September 12th, 2013 05:42 PM

First, Tim, I always seem to think to big for these challenges. the trick is to think small but complete, I never find that easy!!

I have a plan but I will need a second person to shoot some shots for me as well. my subject will not be new to those that know me, but it includes Ducks, raptors, dogs (maybe) and people. And yes it is all about timing!! Hope to start shooting this weekend.

Dale

Trond Saetre September 13th, 2013 02:01 AM

I got an idea, and (as my June challenge), I have only this weekend / two days to shoot. Good or bad timing... Time will tell, and off to the mountains I go.

Woody Sanford September 15th, 2013 01:03 PM

Well, I hope I can finish but I have to say signing up has been the best things I've done in a while to fill the work schedule. If nothing else, you guys are great luck in regards to work. :-)

Trond Saetre September 17th, 2013 08:33 AM

Filmed some this weekend. Got the main shots.
Now I just need the rest... and that is the biggest woe. Will I get it or not. Time will tell.
Oh well, still plenty time until deadline.

How is everyone doing?

Bryce Comer September 17th, 2013 10:53 PM

I have a little bit of footage in the bag, & an idea for this one, so hopefully I can manage to stay away from the shark tank for this one!