Tales of wonders and woes - UWOL33 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 30th, 2015, 03:09 PM   #76
Inner Circle

Re: Tales of wonders and woes - UWOL33

Steve, email is sent to you with upload username/pw.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 12:29 AM   #77
Inner Circle

8 entries uploaded, including my unofficial one.
Will be published in about 5 hours.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:08 AM   #78
Regular Crew

I forgot about this topic again .. I hope next time I don't for it's part of the uwol experience :)

I try to make up with a a short story of my "plan."

When the theme was announced my first thought was; "nice, time to make some eye candy"
Then I thought "weather, clouds, freezing cold on my bicycle to go places were my toes will freeze and hang around for 1,5 hour ... this is serious".
So I checked the cloud radar on the internet very often since then and whenever I had time and the conditions where looking promising I dressed up with 2 pants, a shirt, 2 sweater, a jacket, warm socks, gloves and went out.
The plan developed to having sort of a diptych with about 1,30m morning and 1,30m evening, where in the morning I wanted to film deer and hare, and in the evening the water birds, + a timelapse of sunrise and sunset to introduce the parts.
In total I was able to get out 5 times in the morning, seeing deer every time I arrived, but, in spite of hours of waiting, didn't get them in front of my camera .. need to change my tactics here...
I was able to film a bit of hare and some lovely birds and scenery.
6 evenings I have been out to shoot water birds and as always they were there to be filmed.
First day I forgot my memory card :( Only 2 days had a sunset without clouds blocking the sun half the time. On the other hand, a sky with clouds and a setting sun can get really magical.
This theme was/is very interesting for you have a possible time frame of about 3 hours a day, and you rely on the weather conditions. But when things get right it's just stunning.
The editing workstation I use is at my friends place and I planned to start editing a week before the deadline, I started 2 days late, first selecting the shots and pre rendering them to HD (Cropping, panning/tilting and zooming the lumix "4k" footage). Unfortunately the guy was ill and wasn't able to give me feedback on what I was doing, like he did with my first edit.
Even worse, the second day I went there his appendix ruptured about 10 minutes before I came in and had to get him hospitalized immediately. Surgery same night, still in hospital ...
Still I wanted to finish this job and I'm glad I did.

I am amazed by all the entries, there are so much wonderful shots and productions!
Golden hour ... the best things in life are for free? (as are the worst things)
Martijn Damen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 04:09 PM   #79
Trustee

Dear Steve, Andrew, Martijn and Trond.
Usually I use to give my comments regardless of what others have said.
This time, I must unfortunately make an exception, because I run out of time and I have to prioritize my job and my sick and elderly father.
I've seen all the videos, up to several times.
You who have not received my comments, I apologize so much to all four of you.
I always start at the top of the list and work my way down.
This does not mean that your film who have not received my feedback is bad, quite the contrary.
They are pretty good.
Again, I apologize so much.
I will try to do better next time.
Old April 8th, 2015, 09:37 PM   #80
Major Player

Sorry to hear about you father Geir. Perfectly understandable that you focus on the essential things in life.
Your dedication (and feedback) is always appreciated, but don't feel that you've let anyone down. You've given us lots in previous rounds, going above and beyond the call of duty, and you always strive to be fair to everyone in that regard.

I hope things improve, and that we get to see another Norwegian adventure in round 34. Maybe you'll get to see the toads, it just might not match the theme.
Andrew Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 12:15 AM   #81
Major Player

I am reediting my film and cut nearly 26 seconds of it, kinda difficult as to how much to to cut.

How to be ruthless with this ?

vishal
Vishal Jadhav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge