UWOL 39 - Traces of the past - by Trond Saetre at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old August 1st, 2016, 08:05 AM   #1
Inner Circle

UWOL 39 - Traces of the past - by Trond Saetre

The sea is more or less my "2nd home" or backyard. So the idea was to make a film with this in mind.
Came across this area with so many traces of the ice age and how the ice has shaped the rocks amd cliffs. So that became my idea.

Unfortunately this film lacks a lot. Should have had more varied shots, a better story and so on.
But then I became sick and unable to film the remaining parts, and doing a voice over when the voice is gone, well, that's a challenge I didn't win.

I always specify feedback level 1- but this time I consider my entry far from finished... more like a teaser to what it might become if I complete it later. So I'll just say give the feedback you feel for.
Hope you enjoy watching.

Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 10:52 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: UWOL 39 - Traces of the past - by Trond Saetre

Hi Trond:

And what a beautiful teaser this is. Your backyard is so exceptionally beautiful with your rugged Norwegian coastline and the vast sea beyond, the rugged wildlife it supports in both flora and fauna and the endless sky. You can't go wrong with any topic you choose in this backyard and I am so very fortunate to be able to gaze at what you and Geir bring in that otherwise I most likely not have the opportunity to see.

I think this could be excellent fuel for a documentary. The rocks featured in this clip certainly tell a geologic story in great detail; one that I and others would be very interested understanding in more depth. It will be nice too, to hear your narration of it when you are feeling better and can lose the text.

Congratulations for staying out of the shark tank and getting something in even though you haven't been feeling well. Are you on the mend? I remember not too many UWOL's back, Geir got sick with a virus too and it lasted awhile.

Great idea that is worth pursuing. And I do hope you are feeling better soon!

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 10:58 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks, Catherine!
I might follow up on this one and expand it. (Might have to learn some geology too in the process.)
Nope, still laying flat out battling the fever. Editing was max 5 minutes a day...

Have you tried the new cam yet?
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 02:55 PM   #4
Trustee

Trond I'm really sorry to hear this. Perhaps time to see a doctor? Over a week with a fever? Definitely time for a check up!

I've been working through the tutorial DVD Bob sent me to familiarize myself with this amazing camera, and am just about ready to head out and take it for a spin! :)
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 11:46 PM   #5
Major Player

Trond,

Lovely looking backyard, i like the music used too.

Get well soon man.
Old August 8th, 2016, 07:19 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Trond,
Very good ideas here for a follow up film - I do hope you manage to make a fuller version, as I enjoyed the entry!
Paul Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge