DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL Vimeo pro page is now expired (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/532608-uwol-vimeo-pro-page-now-expired.html)

Trond Saetre August 29th, 2016 10:06 AM

UWOL Vimeo pro page is now expired

Chris Hurd:
Not sure if you have received or read any emails from uwol@dvinfo.net lately, so I'm writing here now:

About a month or two ago (can't remember the exact date), I forwarded an email from Vimeo to you, regarding the renewal of the UWOL challenge's Vimeo PRO account.
Not sure if you read that mail or not.

Anyway, today I (uwol@dvinfo.net) received a new email from Vimeo, saying that the Vimeo account is now expired and 117 films are lost, unless the account is upgraded from Basic to PRO again.
This email I have forwarded to you as well.

Would be great if this could be taken care of before the next UWOL Challenge. If not, we need to seek alternative solutions for the future challenges.

Trond Saetre August 29th, 2016 02:45 PM

Re: UWOL Vimeo pro page is now expired

Just to follow up:

Within the last two hours, both passwords for the uwol email account and the vimeo account was changed, and I have no longer access to those.

Chris H:
If it was you changing the passwords, then it is all good. (In that case, I would appreciate if you send me an email with the new passwords)
If it was not you, then someone else is now in control of those two accounts.

Chris Hurd August 30th, 2016 10:02 AM

Trond, sorry I did not see this earlier. I had to change the passwords in order to access that account and renew the Vimeo subscription. Apologies for not telling you sooner but I was in a hurry to get this subscription renewed. Please contact me by email so that we can get access to the UWOL email and Vimeo accounts for you again. Sorry for the confusion!

Trond Saetre August 30th, 2016 10:12 AM

Chris, I just sent you an email through dvinfo.

Vegard Paulsen September 6th, 2016 06:47 AM

I was not in the previous discussion but what is wrong using youtube as the provider here?

Trond Saetre September 6th, 2016 11:00 AM

Nothing wrong with changing over to youtube if/when we can't use our current Vimeo account.
I believe Chris has renewed the Vimeo account now, so that one should be up and running again for the next 11-12 months.

Trond Saetre September 20th, 2016 08:05 AM

Chris H:
Any news about the new passwords?

Vegard Paulsen September 28th, 2016 03:51 AM

I second that, but i still dont understand why choose Vimeo over youtube.

Youtube support 1080p, and 4K, vimeo seems to be stuck on 720p.

Kevin Railsback September 28th, 2016 04:26 AM

Vimeo has had 4K video since 2015.
I like it better than YouTube because it seems there are a lot less farts lit on fire videos and just seems like it's more of a site for films instead of video blogs, prank videos etc.

Bryce Comer September 28th, 2016 03:06 PM

I love your idea Kevin about simply creating a channel. The only problem i see, is if the channel were to be a Vimeo channel. This would mean that unless the ones uploading their videos have a pro subscription, the quality would be stuck on 720p (Assuming things are still the same as there were when i last looked.)
This could put those that don't have a pro subscription at a disadvantage, since the video is potentially being seen by those judging it at a lower resolution.
Perhaps with Chris' approval, the same could be done with Youtube, which doesn't limit the resolution.
Bryce

Kevin Railsback September 28th, 2016 08:39 PM

Or people can just upload to wherever they want and they can be embedded on the Facebook UWOL page.

Bryce Comer September 28th, 2016 10:12 PM

Great idea Kevin, that would work very well.

Chris Hurd September 28th, 2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Railsback (Post 1921589)
Vimeo... I like it better than YouTube because it seems there are a lot less farts lit on fire videos and just seems like it's more of a site for films instead of video blogs, prank videos etc.

Bingo! That's exactly why DV Info Net uses Vimeo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Railsback (Post 1921626)
Or people can just upload to wherever they want and they can be embedded on the Facebook UWOL page.

Well, actually I *really* prefer that that they're embedded right here, on the DV Info Net forum. That traffic needs to be here. It doesn't help me if it's on FaceBook. It helps me if it's on DV Info Net. Thanks for understanding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trond Saetre (Post 1921178)
Any news about the new passwords?

You've got mail! Finally.

Trond Saetre September 29th, 2016 01:38 AM

Mail received, Chris.