DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 40 - Welcome to Bristol by Trond Saetre (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/532980-uwol-40-welcome-bristol-trond-saetre.html)

Trond Saetre November 1st, 2016 08:15 AM

UWOL 40 - Welcome to Bristol by Trond Saetre

It has been 10 fantastic years since we began talking about the concept for the UWOL challenge, and now we have reached nr 40. Hopefully the next 60 will become even better :)
We will have more get-together events in the future! We talked a bit about having the next one in 2-3 years or so.

This film was filmed during our get-together in Bristol, England. Tried to capture some of the highlights as a tourist in a city I visited for the first time, so it is meant to be a "tourist video type". Even found some wildlife in the middle of the city. Pretty cool! Unfortunately the money shot of a squirrel coming over to look into the lense, was lost due to hitting the record button once too much. Bummer!

Feel free to rip it apart. That's the best way to improve.

Rob Cantwell November 4th, 2016 09:11 AM

Re: UWOL 40 - Welcome to Bristol by Trond Saetre

Nice Trond
i've been there before but it's always interesting to see from someone elses perspective. The choice of music fitted in very good. I see you handholding is as good as mine ;-)
The double tap on the record button has happened to everyone at some stage or another :-)

What equipment did you use? actually it might be good to know what everyone used in their productions

well done and thanks for running this

Rob

Trond Saetre November 4th, 2016 09:15 AM

Thank you for the comments, Rob! Yes, filming handheld is a challenge itself. :)
My camera is the Canon XF300.

Gordon Hoffman November 5th, 2016 06:52 AM

Trond an interesting look of your trip. The one thing missing is setting up the postcard theme. I see they have magpies in England. Thanks.

Gordon

Trond Saetre November 5th, 2016 07:40 AM

Thank you, Gordon.
Yes I miss the postcard introduction. Totally forgot that part.

Lorinda Norton November 9th, 2016 11:06 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed your tourist video of Bristol, Trond! Much of the reason for this challenge includes people like you allowing people like me who rarely travel to see new places. Thanks for that!

Trond Saetre November 10th, 2016 04:15 AM

Thank you, Lorinda! I'm glad you enjoyed watching the film.
Hopefully many more will join our next uwol get-together event.

Dale Guthormsen December 7th, 2016 10:36 AM

Tronde,

I was in bristol for a short time in 2004 and you gave me views I have nt seen, nice.

always enjoy whatever you put up. looking forward to the next go around.

thanks for keeping things going.

Trond Saetre December 11th, 2016 10:49 AM

Thank you, Dale! Nice to see I was able to show you something you hadn't seen when you were in Bristol last time.