DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #41 - Nature's Echos (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/533519-uwol-41-natures-echos.html)

LeRoy Gunderson February 1st, 2017 01:32 PM

UWOL #41 - Nature's Echos

Nature's Echoes by LeRoy Gunderson

Mark Hartopp February 2nd, 2017 02:44 AM

Re: UWOL #41 - Nature's Echos

I like this. Easy viewing and the call to "action at the end" should make people think more about what is going on around them.

Paul Mailath February 3rd, 2017 10:47 PM

nice use of the theme - clear from the start. There were a couple of spots where I felt the VO was a little rushed, you could have used more space. nice summary at the end

Gordon Hoffman February 4th, 2017 07:58 PM

Hi LeRoy. I like your voice over. Your video flowed along nicely and it was enjoyable watching. Thanks.

Gordon

Mick Jenner February 5th, 2017 03:46 AM

Hi LeRoy, you have managed to interpret the theme faithfully. You VO and changes of scenes made this entry a real pleasure to watch. Well done.

Mick

Andrew Hood February 5th, 2017 11:43 PM

Nicely done LeRoy.
As others have mentioned you have used the theme appropriately, and given some great examples from nature. You have a diverse set of shots, and the inclusion of different animals adds to the piece.
The voice over takes the viewer on a nice journey.

A few of the things that would add polish to the video:
1) smoother panning on a couple of the shots. Something I've been having issues with getting right in the field.
2) As mentioned you can afford to slow down the voice over a little. The natural tendency is to rush, and it takes practice to get comfortable with taking the time needed. I can remember how much I struggled back in the UWOL long form - I'm sure my heart rate rose 60 beats every time I hit record. The more you can relax, and smile, during recording the better it sounds.
3) The flow is good, but one thing i noticed on reflection is there could be a stronger link between examples going from duck feathers to flowing water. It's not that there's no connection, I just felt there might be a way to make a stronger connection between these sections. But it's a minor thing, not something that jumped out at me.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul Wood February 6th, 2017 07:23 AM

LeRoy,

A good choice of subject to match the theme, and nicely edited with the usual calm VO adding to the overall effect a good effort - nicely done!

Dale Guthormsen February 10th, 2017 04:14 PM

Leroy,

first, are you located in texas? gulf coast perhaps?

Nicely done in all aspects.

liked te pace of voice over. it did seem a little tight in spots but the story is complete and just a real pleasure to watch and listen to.

cant wait to see more.

LeRoy Gunderson February 12th, 2017 06:42 AM

Hello Dale

Thanks for all the very nice comments. Yes I am in Texas but not on the coast. We visit the coast quite often as we are only about a 5 hour drive from there.

Bob Safay February 12th, 2017 08:20 AM

LeRoy. A very nice and well composed video. I think the VO and slight back ground music was perfectly matched. Very good color. Bob