DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 43 - Tales of wonders and woes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/534198-uwol-43-tales-wonders-woes.html)

Trond Saetre June 3rd, 2017 12:05 PM

UWOL 43 - Tales of wonders and woes

What goes great, what goes wrong, and everything in between about your UWOL43 productions.
Here is the place to discuss it all.

Good luck, everyone! Remember to follow the important rule 11, have FUN! :)

Paul Mailath June 3rd, 2017 11:35 PM

Re: UWOL 43 - Tales of wonders and woes

I have the theme stuck to the shelf above my desk to prompt me - I'm going to start from a voice over this time and once I've got that squared away I'll get the footage to suit.

Trond Saetre June 4th, 2017 01:39 AM

Some begin with the footage, some with the music... and you with the VO. Interesting choice!

Kevin Railsback June 4th, 2017 05:42 AM

I've been listening to music tracks to find th tone of the film.
Pretty much always do that before I even pick up a camera.

Been toying with the idea of remaking my UWOL 3 film as a personal challenge to see what I would do now with the same idea a decade later.

Bryce Comer June 4th, 2017 08:11 AM

I've been super busy with work of late, and with issues in my personal life too i haven't been able to do much in the way of filming anything. That will hopefully all change this round as i head off on a bit of a road trip i am taking my parents on, beginning today. We head north to the Yukon border. Me thinks there may be a bit of "The Wild" to film along the way!!

Victor Wilcox June 4th, 2017 03:31 PM

My DJI Phantom 4 Pro is still in for repairs. They've replaced the camera power and main boards. I'm hoping I get it back by the end of the week.

Vishal Jadhav June 7th, 2017 11:04 PM

Looks like i am the odd one out who doesnt script anything music is last for me, and starts with what i may see.

Did wander around and found a few things but they may support the video and not be the core theme of it.

Still looking --->

Trond Saetre June 8th, 2017 01:29 AM

I'll join being odd, Vishal. Can't say I script much either, but often have a good idea of what I want before I go out to film. (And sometimes I just film whatever might show up)
Music is always last for me too.

Trond Saetre June 10th, 2017 10:44 AM

How is everyone doing?
Found your super cool, wild ideas yet?

I have filmed a little for my unofficial entry. Time will tell if the footage is useful.

Vishal Jadhav June 13th, 2017 12:36 AM

The monsoon has got delayed here a bit, so no shooting done yet .
Waiting for it

Bryce Comer June 13th, 2017 09:45 PM

I am a week into a trip of around 4500klms to the Yukon border and back. Definitely seen some "wild" along the way. Now it's time to start thinking of how to tell a story with what I've shot.

Paul Wood June 14th, 2017 01:04 AM

Way to go, Bryce!
I'm still swirling around some ideas, but must admit to suffering from my " don't worry there's lots of time" syndrome!

Victor Wilcox June 14th, 2017 03:32 PM

I received my Phantom 4 Pro yesterday with all repairs done. I updated all the firmware and did a test flight. All is ready for the not so wild.

Trond Saetre June 14th, 2017 03:35 PM

Bryce, sounds like a great adventure for you. Have fun!

Victor, good to hear you got the phantom back.

Bob Safay June 16th, 2017 07:16 PM

Tomorrow I start off on a 10-12 day trip across the southern US, from Atlanta, GA, to Monument Valley, AZ. Hope to video some Wild!!