DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 45 - Tales of wonders and woes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/535053-uwol-45-tales-wonders-woes.html)

Vishal Jadhav January 22nd, 2018 02:18 AM

Re: UWOL 45 - Tales of wonders and woes

Great New Trond,

Finally i have something on the time line and it hit exactly at 4 minutes :)
now the hunt is on for music and getting the remaining things lined up.

Geir Inge January 24th, 2018 10:51 AM

Hello. I do not know if can complete this round. Suddenly I was offered a new job, which I have agreed to take. It is exciting and time consuming. At the same time, the deadline for Uwol 45 is approaching. I have some recordings left + editing. We'll see, but I do not think it will happen within the deadline.

Trond Saetre January 24th, 2018 10:56 AM

Congratulations and good luck with your new job, Geir Inge!

I still miss several of the shots I need for my film. Not sure if I will be able to complete either.
But plenty time until deadline, so who knows.

Per Johan Naesje January 26th, 2018 10:43 AM

I have been struggling lately, so the plan A about the muskox was cancelled due to a flu I got in late December. Have not been in any good shape this month either
But I will try and make up something. I am on plan C right now I think...
Have some footage I can use, my plan is to edit this during this weekend. Found some music too, so I have good hope for finishing something

Nice to have you back Catherine!

Good luck to all of you!

Trond Saetre January 28th, 2018 03:44 PM

Deadline is coming up. Don't forget to send an email to uwol@dvinfo.net request the upload details for vimeo.

Bryce Comer January 30th, 2018 09:18 AM

Ok, i have footage on the timeline, now just need to do VO. Problem there is that i can barely speak at the moment. Not sure what is going on, but for the last week i've had a soar throat & no voice. If need be, i will have to do it all with titles.
One thing i am going to try to do this round is to do the music myself. It will be interesting how it goes.
Looking forward to see what everyone comes up with this round.

Paul Mailath January 31st, 2018 12:40 AM

send me a script and I'll do the read for you if you like - I've bombed out on my idea, I left it till the last minute and the weather has gone.

Bryce Comer January 31st, 2018 09:21 AM

Thanks Paul,
After trying a bunch of the different programs/online services for a text to speech conversion, i ended up getting my VO done on a site called Fiverr. It was super simple, super economical, & super fast. I will put more details about the service in my film thread, as i think it is a good tool to have in the bag.
Tonight i will add the VO & get it uploaded.
Bryce

Trond Saetre January 31st, 2018 02:03 PM

Tick, tock... clock is ticking and deadline is coming up.
Is there anyone who plan to submit a film, but haven't received the upload details for vimeo yet?

Paul Mailath February 1st, 2018 12:29 AM

Fivr is actually pretty good - there's a lot of crap on there but some really good stuff as well (Including me) - glad it all worked out

Vishal Jadhav February 1st, 2018 02:55 AM

This time around managed to send in a entry.

Guess the 2 month thing worked for me , had to drop idea one which couldnt fully form and thought of a completely new idea to shoot .

The additional signin time of 15 days may work in future but the 2 month one may surely work, guess its about letting the rules a bit loose as the original challenge was to do the film in a month which was up against a interesting deadline but after a bit of attempts i managed to put the entry in with this 2 month time line.

Trond Saetre February 1st, 2018 05:14 AM

The films will be published around 1800UTC today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vishal Jadhav (Post 1940798)
Guess the 2 month thing worked for me , ...
The additional signin time of 15 days may work in future but the 2 month one may surely work, guess its about letting the rules a bit loose as the original challenge was to do the film in a month which was up against a interesting deadline...

The 15 days extended signup time after theme release, was a one-time gratitude to see if we could get more players that way. May or may not happen again in the future.
There will be both 1-month and 2-months challenges in the future.

Vishal Jadhav February 1st, 2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trond Saetre (Post 1940805)
The films will be published around 1800UTC today.

The 15 days extended signup time after theme release, was a one-time gratitude to see if we could get more players that way. May or may not happen again in the future.
There will be both 1-month and 2-months challenges in the future.

That may be a good idea, it may show us a trend of how many films get submitted in both the versions.