DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 45 - Tales of wonders and woes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/535053-uwol-45-tales-wonders-woes.html)

Trond Saetre December 4th, 2017 01:17 PM

UWOL 45 - Tales of wonders and woes

As always, interaction between the players is encouraged.
What goes great, what did not go as planned, and everything in between, about the making of your UWOL 45 films.

Hope all of you have found an idea for your entries. Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions.
Have fun!

------------------
Off topic:
I am throwing around the idea for a new "get together event". Hopefully for 2018, but 2019 is of course an (better?) option too. See this thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-cha...er-2018-a.html

Feel free to comment with any thoughts and ideas you might have.

Kevin Railsback December 6th, 2017 12:41 PM

Re: UWOL 45 - Tales of wonders and woes

Well, I have one idea for a campy type story but I need to figure out the legalities of filming a piece of famous private property with my drone from a public road.

Just an idea st this point but it might be fun to do since I have access to the area

Bryce Comer December 6th, 2017 03:41 PM

I think i too have an idea. Still need to iron a few things out with it, but should be able to put it together i think.

Trond Saetre December 7th, 2017 07:28 AM

I think my idea could have been mother nature isn't just calling, but throwing lots of water and wind at me.
But an idea is vaguely coming up.

Gordon Hoffman December 7th, 2017 07:51 AM

Trond I'm about in the same boat as you are other than the water. Hmmm I guess I don't need the boat. It is going to be windy for a while by the looks of things. Still no solid plan yet.

Gordon

Victor Wilcox December 7th, 2017 08:41 AM

We have lots of calls of the tame. The cows, horses, lamas and donkeys never quit. If I can just get the coyotes and bobcats to cooperate.

Per Johan Naesje December 8th, 2017 01:02 PM

Ok, I have a plan which I think I will be able to complete
Been thinking a lot about this. My plan will be to go up in the highland of Norway visiting a pre-historic species - the Muskox
Itś going to be some very tough hikes up there, so I have to take care of my own safety. Weather can be really severe and it will be in the middle of the coldest and darkest period of the year at the northern hemisphere
I have to carry all my gear by myself, hopefully by snowshoes and a sledge
My biggest concern will be to have enough batteries as they are draining fast in freezing temperatures. I also wonder how the camcorder will perform out there in this conditions

If it is of interest, I could try and make a behind-the-scenes video?

Trond Saetre December 8th, 2017 02:37 PM

A behind-the-scenes film is always interesting and a good way to learn.
Will be cool to see the muskox returning to the uwol world.

Victor Wilcox December 8th, 2017 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had high hopes for the Texas blizzard of 2017, but it was a meltdown.

Vishal Jadhav December 9th, 2017 07:37 AM

I have the First shot of 5 seconds :) well thats what i think so whatever happens i have 5 seconds to submit at least, now for plan to take this ahead and make it into the film i want to .

Hopefully i will make it.

Kevin Railsback December 9th, 2017 10:59 AM

No story yet but I found my music!
Now to build something around it 😀
Per, a bts video would be fantastic!

Bob Safay December 9th, 2017 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I have an idea and maybe some good footage. I had the wonderful opportunity to hook up with Doug Jensen at the Merritt Island Natural Wildlife Refuge in in Florida the other day. It was such a pleasure to finally meet him and to spend the morning together videoing birds at the refuge. He is such a gracious person. And, if you really want to drool, you should see his video equipment.
Can you say lens envy!!! Bob

Mick Jenner December 10th, 2017 04:31 AM

Behind the scenes would be great Per.

Hey Bob, this is getting real serious enlisting the help of the main Sony camera tech man over there in the the States !! Maybe I'll fire off an email to Alistair Chapman Sony's Guru this side of the Pond lol

I have a plan a but its but its a real 180 degree take on the the theme, hopefully I can pull it off. Time will tell?

Mick

Bob Safay December 10th, 2017 10:35 AM

Mick, Doug may be the main Sony camera tech, but I still use my Canon XF300 and love it. smile

Geir Inge December 12th, 2017 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tomorrow night I have the opportunity to photograph the Geminids.
Let's hope for a glorious sky, and no clouds.

Mysterious stripes on the night sky this evening.
Someone who has a look at what it may be - a plane maybe?
I have never seen stripes like this before, and it moved across the sky.