DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 46 - The dreadful Shark tank (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/535632-uwol-46-dreadful-shark-tank.html)

Trond Saetre April 2nd, 2018 03:57 PM

UWOL 46 - The dreadful Shark tank

Here is where you end up if you for some reason do not submit a film for a.challenge you signed up for :)

Splash! I'm swimming, amd it looks like a bunch of you join me this round.

Was the theme too difficult? Not enough time, bad/ wrong weather...?
Would be nice to know why you all didn't complete your entries.

Andrew Hood April 2nd, 2018 05:24 PM

Re: UWOL 46 - The dreadful Shark tank

I'm swimming too. I think the theme had it's challenges. I expect I could have put together a film had I more time at the start of the month - who am I kidding, I always leave it till later?
And then getting sick meant I haven't done a lot of things in March / early April. I did come up with a couple of ideas for future projects, so something to work on down the track.

Gordon Hoffman April 2nd, 2018 06:20 PM

Yes I'm sunk. Trond for me the biggest issue was the weather. Time is always a problem but March this year seems to be clouds, snow and more snow, Did I say snow and of course a sprinkling of wind. As for the theme there was two full moons this month and a chance for some northern lights but nothing worked out. Anyway next time I hope things will be better.

Gordon

Paul Wood April 3rd, 2018 01:16 AM

Joining the group! The awful weather and a few other projects got in the way again.

Geir Inge April 3rd, 2018 03:06 AM

Well, I'm swimming with the sharks too. Why I failed to complete has several reasons.
My youngest daughter got herself å new job and I had to help her to move.
Me too got myself a new job.
I have vacationed, Easter holiday. I did not bring my PC, so no option for editing.
Yes, I have filmed, dusk, cold nights and early morning, but not enough to deliver.
So I put up å videomix of old and new clips, and milliarder.
Still, priority and allocation of time is probably the main reason, I must confess.
Stupid me and I who had all these good excuses :/

Bob Safay April 3rd, 2018 04:55 AM

Here is my video jump into the shark tank.....Enjoy

Mick Jenner April 4th, 2018 11:52 AM

That's a unique way to jump into the tank Bob. Pleased you did upload as its nice to put a face to you as well as learning a bit about your sense of humour

Paul Wood April 4th, 2018 02:39 PM

I think you have the idea for a new challenge, Bob - the best shark tank video!
I must admit to having submitted a couple of films that would have been better here than in the challenge, but if the current drought continues, it sounds like a great format for us to submit our excuses in person.

Well done!

LeRoy Gunderson April 6th, 2018 07:16 AM

I did manage to film several sunrises and sunsets but that's about all. Very overcast most nights so when I had the chance to film, the stars were not visible.

Nice shark tank video. Great sense of humor!

Paul Mailath April 9th, 2018 11:13 PM

I was behind the 8 ball from the start with a 14 day cruise booked but I hoped to get something done - unfortunately, the only thing I got on my return was a dreadful cold (both the wife & I ) so that put me out of action for a further 12 days and I'm still recovering. Maybe it's time I got flu shots

Bob Safay April 13th, 2018 02:18 PM

I am glad everyone like my Shark Tank video. It was a fun way to spend my 69th birthday. Bob

Phil Murray April 14th, 2018 11:49 AM

I couldn't come up with anything that fit the theme that I could also handle with my current kit.

Finishing up my teaching school year along with preparing to move to Peru in July also meant I probably was a little optimistic about having enough time to put into it.

Of course, being retired in South America better give me a wealth of inspiration to complete future challenges...

Trond Saetre April 14th, 2018 01:38 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys!
You all have a new opportunity in the #47 challenge. Sign up is open already.