DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   First-ever "Under Water, Over Land" Video Shoot-out (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/80493-first-ever-under-water-over-land-video-shoot-out.html)

Chris Barcellos December 5th, 2006 03:58 PM

Nice Job Meryem.... Looks good. But how do we get to see your great work ??

Joey Atilano December 5th, 2006 04:07 PM

Can we use royalty free music ?

Kevin Railsback December 5th, 2006 04:12 PM

Don't see why not as long as you licensed it.

Per Johan Naesje December 5th, 2006 04:22 PM

It shouldn't be any problem Joey, I'm going to use Smartsound Music.

Chris Barcellos December 5th, 2006 04:30 PM

Cinescore or Smartsound here....

Nick Ambrose December 5th, 2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Johan
It shouldn't be any problem Joey, I'm going to use Smartsound Music.

I will use SmartSound too (to the best of my limited abilities!)

Ken Diewert December 5th, 2006 05:09 PM

Meryem,

I hate to whine but...

I'd like to play, but I'm going to be in Costa Rica for a month (leaving Jan 9th). Is there any chance of an early submission? If not, no biggie, but I'd just like to be part of the first ever UWOL. I could just post it under my youtube account for fun.

Meryem Ersoz December 5th, 2006 07:41 PM

yes, of course, you can use royalty-free music. you need permission or to have purchased a license with it. a couple of resources for free music:

freeplaymusic.com
sonnyboo.com

ken, early submissions are easily arranged. i can give you (or anyone who signs up) early access to uploading to the page. that should not be a problem.

Ruth Happel December 6th, 2006 10:28 AM

I am new to this website, and have been very impressed with all the information available here. It seems like a very friendly and helpful space, and I've especially enjoyed this forum, since my interest is particularly in nature videography. The UWOL Challenge sounds great. It will help motivate and inspire me. I'll be following eagerly for updates. Thanks.

Gabriel Yeager December 6th, 2006 11:18 AM

Welcome to DVINFO.net Ruth! Its great to have you join in on the fun! You will be glad that you singed up, I am sure of it. :D

Best of luck!
~Gabriel

Kevin Railsback December 6th, 2006 05:27 PM

Welcome Ruth!
I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Mat Thompson December 9th, 2006 09:38 AM

Hey guys.....Not seen much happen on this thread for a day or two!

Just wondering whether we have a topic yet ??? I'm itching to know whats being considered????

Mat

Mike Teutsch December 9th, 2006 09:42 AM

We are in the middle of DV Challange #7, so I don't think you will see this start soon. They are not going to compete with each other. And, there will need to be some time in between them.

Standby to standby.

Mike

Kevin Railsback December 9th, 2006 10:50 AM

Like Tom Petty said "The waiting is the hardest part." :)

Meryem Ersoz December 10th, 2006 09:51 AM

hi mat: yes, the thread was pretty lively while we were working out the details of how to proceed. there's still time for feedback, so if you have a good idea, post it! we will be able to incorporate new suggestions throughout the process. a fresh thread for signing up for our January 1 start date will appear in about two weeks or so, so patience!

right now, i'm sweating my way through the DV Challenge, i suggest that if you are aching to shoot something, that you sign up for it....it's an open sign-up this time, and the thread is here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=81014

i'm sure there is a way to shoe-horn some nature shooting into the topic, which is "Memories"....

oh, and welcome to the forum, ruth. i'm always happy to meet other women who are out there schlepping heavy gear through the wilder-wild.....