DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #1: "Best Laid Skies" by Bradley Loren Marlow (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/84580-uwol-1-best-laid-skies-bradley-loren-marlow.html)

Bradley L Marlow January 23rd, 2007 01:02 AM

UWOL #1: "Best Laid Skies" by Bradley Loren Marlow

Hello new UWOL friends and old DVC friends. At the suggestion of Meryem, I am putting up this feedback thread for my short, "Best Laid Skies". I welcome your comments, constructive thoughts, questions, ideas and whatever you feel like sharing.

Here is the link: http://www.uwolchallenge.com/challen...kies_uwol1.mov

Thank you very much.

Will be out of town for the next several days and will to respond when near a computer again.

Am looking forward to seeing your film and promise to post a comment, thought or question on your work as soon as I can. Until then...

Best wishes~
Bradley

Meryem Ersoz January 23rd, 2007 08:14 AM

you guys get up awfully early! bradley, add a direct link to your video in your feedback thread. it will help your viewers...

i guess someone has to get up early and orchestrate the damn sunrise....heh. glad it's you! we're in good hands.

Randall Allen January 23rd, 2007 08:33 AM

Nicely done....I really liked the moon and post shot. Did you get your inspiration from watching classic Disney cartoons?

Randy

Rick A. Phillips January 23rd, 2007 09:08 AM

Good job, Bradley. You crack me up. I can't tell you how many times I've watched your DVC short "Introspectacle" and laughed out loud. Keep 'em coming.

Rick

Dale Guthormsen January 23rd, 2007 09:35 AM

Brad's flick

Bradley,

I watched all 20 some odd clips last night and I wrote down my top four favorites. Yours was in the short list of my own. Very nice job!! Gives me inspiration to do a lot better, plan more and mostly be steadier!! It is an inspiration.

Ruth Happel January 23rd, 2007 11:30 AM

I really liked the drama of the video. Some of the scenes were fantastic, the images of the silhouette against the sky especially. Thanks for sharing.

Ruth

Per Johan Naesje January 23rd, 2007 12:25 PM

Bradley, this was top notch! Really enjoyable to watch. You are on my top 5 list!

Gabriel Yeager January 23rd, 2007 01:06 PM

Top 5!!!!!!

Bradley, Bradley, Bradley, what a great film! Wyoming is a wonderful place. And you did an excellent job in showing it!
Your credits, ha! That was an awesome way of doing things! great job!

Keep up the great work!
~Gabriel

Quote:

Written and Directed by
Mother Nature

Cody Lucido January 23rd, 2007 05:44 PM

Your film was a great take on the subject. Some very nice shots as well. Nice job!

Kevin Railsback January 23rd, 2007 06:00 PM

Bradley,

What a awesome film! At first I was thinking it was going to be some kind of spooky film with the ominous dark clouds.

I loved your take on the theme. Although I do think you need to see a chriropractor. :)

You did a great job conducting the sky!

Bradley L Marlow January 23rd, 2007 08:27 PM

Thank you Randy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall Allen
Nicely done....I really liked the moon and post shot. Did you get your inspiration from watching classic Disney cartoons?

Randy

I'm happy you liked it. Disney: lol...I never really thought of it like that but you may have a point there. Hmmm...

Best wishes~
Bradley

Bradley L Marlow January 23rd, 2007 08:28 PM

Thank you Rick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick A. Phillips
Good job, Bradley. You crack me up. I can't tell you how many times I've watched your DVC short "Introspectacle" and laughed out loud. Keep 'em coming.

Rick

Glad it made you laugh Rick. Always love to hear that!

Best wishes~
Bradley

Bradley L Marlow January 23rd, 2007 08:31 PM

Thank you Dale

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen
Bradley,

I watched all 20 some odd clips last night and I wrote down my top four favorites. Yours was in the short list of my own. Very nice job!! Gives me inspiration to do a lot better, plan more and mostly be steadier!! It is an inspiration.

Thank you very much Dale. I appreciate your comments and am glad you enjoyed it.

Best wishes~
Bradley

Bradley L Marlow January 23rd, 2007 08:33 PM

Thank you Ruth

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Happel
I really liked the drama of the video. Some of the scenes were fantastic, the images of the silhouette against the sky especially. Thanks for sharing. Ruth

Much appreciated and am especially looking forward to seeing a film from Issaquah, WA. :)

Best wishes~
Bradley

Bruce Foreman January 23rd, 2007 09:48 PM

Absolutely stunning and beautiful. You created a symphony of the skies and then boldly "cast" yourself as conductor.

I enjoyed it thoroughly (and as a photographer) especially for the color and composition of the images themselves as well as the way you blended it all together.

It was on this last time watching (3rd) that I finally noticed the "scratched film" look. I think what you achieved far transcends any perceived need for filmic "effects". I guess it's just me, but I think the time has come for us all to let go of the need to achieve that "film" look by such means.

What you did for us with your work here gave us a thing of beauty by whatever means employed.

I loved it!

Bruce Foreman