DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Thank you Kevin, Meryem & Matt (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/84940-thank-you-kevin-meryem-matt.html)

Brendan Marnell January 27th, 2007 02:55 PM

Thank you Kevin, Meryem & Matt

For organising and websiting UWOL #1, well done you three and many happy returns.

Bradley L Marlow January 27th, 2007 02:59 PM

I second that!

Yes indeed. Well done!

Best wishes~
Bradley

Bob Safay January 27th, 2007 03:08 PM

I concur, it gave me 20 days of fun. It forced me to "just get out and video". Can't eait for the next one. Thanks again. Bob

Kevin Railsback January 27th, 2007 03:25 PM

It should be Meryem, Mat and Kevin. I did the least. :)

I just wanted to make sure this thing got rolling. I've seen it happen to many times where there's allot of talk but then it just goes away. Then months later someone says whatever happened to that UWOL challenge we talked about?

Now that it's rolling let's talk about how to make it better once the dust settles from this first challenge!

Gabriel Yeager January 27th, 2007 04:46 PM

Yes, thank you all very much! It was a great experince!

I am looking forward to the next one!
~Gabriel

Rick A. Phillips January 27th, 2007 05:52 PM

Yes indeed, thanks to all of you for all the time and effort you put into this event. I'm already getting anxious for the next one!

Also, thanks to all who took time to put together and submit an entry. I enjoyed watching every one and it's been a real learning experience for me.

Rick Phillips

Chris Hurd January 27th, 2007 06:06 PM

Watching this project unfold here at DV Info Net has been a delight, a real treat compared to the "what camera should I buy" discourse that usually happens on this site. Looking forward to much more... cheers, all!

Bradley L Marlow January 27th, 2007 06:21 PM

A special thanks to the "geezer"? (lol) Chris Hurd for giving us crazy filmmaker folks a place to call home.

Best wishes~
Bradley

Meryem Ersoz January 28th, 2007 09:59 AM

yes, definitely thanks to chris. when someone comes to you and says, "excuse me, sir, do you mind if i decorate a wing of your house?", i can't imagine that it's all that easy to say, "sure, go for it..."

...but in the end, it's the players who make it happen or not, and you guys have done an outstanding job rallying 'round. 25 completed entries where we explored nunavut, dublin, norway, iowa, the moon, etc., etc. in three weeks....

i think it is a completely unique adventure.

Geir Inge January 28th, 2007 10:29 AM

A song for the Crew

I'm an old musician and so I just want to dedicate this song for you who put it all together, to Kevin, Meryem and Matt, and all the participants :) It's 15 year since I wrote and recorded it, but...
Here it is: We had a love of our own

Bruce Foreman January 28th, 2007 11:17 AM

Wow. That was absolutely amazing! Thanks