UWOL #2: "Tennis" by Steven Gotz - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 26th, 2007, 04:02 PM   #16
Trustee

I am glad that people are enjoying the video. And the Tennis Pro (Mark) would probably be delighted to hear that someone actually learned something useful from it.

The sad part is that Mark has been on vacation and I still don't know how he feels about it.
Old March 27th, 2007, 10:40 AM   #17
Major Player

Steven
I've never played tennis but I enjoyed watching your video. I actually learned something and it kept my interest to the end. Good job.

Gordon Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 03:02 PM   #18
Trustee

Most is said by the others about this one. I have neither played tennis, but now a know at least what top spin is and how you archieve it.

Nice and informative video.
Old March 29th, 2007, 03:32 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Hi Steven,

Your entry was actually the first one I looked at since I play tennis 2-3 times a week and haven't missed a televised grand slam in 40 years. Well, the first thing I noticed was he's using a Prince O/speed port...cool. Great topspin racquet. Next, I see this older teaching pro teaching topspin and I think, oh-oh here we again - lets see his technique. As the video plays out, I really like how you took the extra effort to insert the animated graphics. The pro's explanation is acceptable on "What is Topspin" then the last segment where he actually shows us his topspin stroke is perfect. He has a very sound technique and explanation which is very good for someone over 40/50 these days. I only have one comment I would have liked to see, and that is, the topspin grip. I noticed he uses an eastern/semi-western grip which I wish he would have talked about in the beginning but under the time constraints it's totally understandable. Very well done.
Bill Taka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 04:19 PM   #20
Trustee

Bill,

Funny you should mention the grip because my original thought was to have a lesson on the different grips. But he decided the topic should be topspin.

When I decided to play tennis, I took some lessons using different spare racquets he had in the shop. When I could reliably hit the ball, it was time to buy my own racquet. I tried about a dozen of his demo units and picked one that was almost right, but needed some added weights. Without knowing it, I picked the same racquet he uses. I then used his for a few minutes and it was perfect except for the too small grip. He weighted it and wrapped the grip for my large hands and it works pretty well for me.
Old April 9th, 2007, 05:04 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Uhm... where is the link to the actual video? I've read this thread like four times, still can't find it.

EDIT: Never mind, found it, but maybe a link to the website, together with the current Challenge surely could be made into a sticky? Anyway, enjoying your work!
Paul Lashmana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:56 AM   #22
Trustee

I think I was supposed to put the link in the first post but I am new at this. Sorry.

http://www.uwolchallenge.com/challen...UC2_tennis.mov

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge