UWOL #2: "Glide" by James Hooey - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 26th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #16
Trustee

Hi James:

Nice job. Like Ruth said, it sort of sucks you in and you feel like you are there. I'm also impressed that you produced your own music. You seem like you are all the way around talented!

I am amazed at what you did to film all this, and I shudder to think about that aerial shot of your car. That's what I call giving it all you've got for a good film product.

Cat Russell
Spike Productions

Last edited by Catherine Russell; March 27th, 2007 at 09:32 AM.
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hooey View Post
Mat,

Forgot to mention...I would love to post my storyboard here as a couple jpgs. Does anyone know how I can get permission to post attachments
James, I think you have to be a member for some time before you are allowed to upload attachements, you can email Chris Hurd and ask him?

Many have commented your film, I'll second what have been said. Looks like you had a good time there James. The chimney and the moon was a nice ending shoot.
Old March 26th, 2007, 07:08 PM   #18
Major Player

Thanks again one and all. Gier, Tronde, Catherine and Per I appreciate the encouraging words and comments.

Catherine - thank you especially for the comments regarding the music. It was probably much easier than the video as that is where my previous 20 years of experience lies.

Per - I'll let the secret out regarding the last shot....it's a composite. The chimney was actually filmed during an uniformly overcast day which I then used Magic Bullet movie looks to apply a nighttime filter to. The moon is a resized clip of video that I composited with the chimney and chroma keyed out black sky. Originally I wanted to shoot this as a real shot but found that the moon was not very co-operative in it's placement. I contemplated making the moon huge to fill much more of the sky but I thought to go for a realistic look then a more natural size was in order. Hope that doesn't change your opinion of the shot :)

As for posting my storyboard I will email Chris and see if I can have permission to do so.

Thanks again to everyone.
James Hooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 07:16 PM   #19
Major Player

double post....sorry

Last edited by James Hooey; March 26th, 2007 at 07:17 PM. Reason: double post
James Hooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #20
Major Player

James
I really liked your video. It takes a lot of time setting up the camera like that. Some really interesting shots too. Well done.

Gordon Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2007, 04:18 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Hi James,

Loved this film, the way you mixed the scenery with the recreation was stunning. My favourite shot was the red berries in the tree, with you skiing in the background.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge