UWOL #2: "Challenging Recreation" by Trond Saetre - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 26th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #16
Trustee

Great finished product -you made the right choice, skiing is almost always pretty, :-)
Old March 27th, 2007, 02:04 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Catherine and Marco:
Thank you for the comments. Glad you liked it.
Now I can't wait until uwol3. :-)
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 07:25 AM   #18
Major Player

Trond
As mentioned when inside you should have had some people in the shots. Other than that I think it was pretty good. It looks fairly open in your area

Gordon Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hoffman View Post
Trond
As mentioned when inside you should have had some people in the shots. Other than that I think it was pretty good. It looks fairly open in your area

Gordon Hoffman
Yes, a very good point. The indoors shots were missing the people.
I'll remember that.

It's kinda open in the area where I made the video. But only a couple of km from there, the nature changes a lot, to high mountains and deep valleys.
You might see some of it in the background in a few of the shots in my video.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2007, 02:13 PM   #20
Regular Crew

I want to hear it.....

First let me say that this is a great video! I love the activity and you put it together well. Others have mentioned the end not fitting and what not so I wont go there.

I would like to point out though....and its purely a matter of personal taste....in a film such as this where you are inviting us into your hometown or home....I think that the effect would be greatly enhanced by using your native language for the VO and subtitling it to english. I think it would draw the view into your world that much more.

Don't get me wrong....1: Your english is good and that is not what prompts this. Your english is better than some of my neighbors that I have lived next to for many years. 2. for a dramatic piece where there is a lot of dialog then the subtitles would be a distraction. I just really enjoy hearing other languages and think that it would add an additional 'hook' to draw the view into YOUR world. 3. I'm not singling you out....this applys to everyone. I just happend to think about it while watching your video.

Thanks for the walk (ski) into your world.

Randy
Randall Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 01:05 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Allen View Post
First let me say that this is a great video! I love the activity and you put it together well. Others have mentioned the end not fitting and what not so I wont go there.

I would like to point out though....and its purely a matter of personal taste....in a film such as this where you are inviting us into your hometown or home....I think that the effect would be greatly enhanced by using your native language for the VO and subtitling it to english. I think it would draw the view into your world that much more.
Randy, thank you for the kind words. Glad you like the video.

I'll keep in mind the idea of native language for the VO.
Didn't think about that idea when I made this video. I felt it natural to do it in English since it is an international competition.
When I think about it now, maybe I could have had someone speaking the native language in the background and the VO in English as it is? Just another option...
Thank you for the idea! It is always nice to get inputs about how to improve my videos.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge