UWOL #3 THEME ANNOUNCEMENT - Get after it! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old May 2nd, 2007, 06:40 AM   #16
Major Player

Thanks Meryem
This one should be good.

Gordon Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:10 AM   #17
Trustee

This is certainly an interesting choice of topic for sure.....I'm most looking forward to how 'WILD' people try to take their entry!

There is just SO many directions to take this......I have to admit to being a little lost at the moment....hhmmmm!
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2007, 03:18 AM   #18
Inner Circle

I like the theme. Now I just have to come up with a story from all the (few) ideas I have. Need some time in the thinking box.

Good luck to everyone who signed up.
It will be fun.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:27 PM   #19
Trustee

Remember, it is "The Wild" not "Wild".

As in that silly movie I can't help but enjoy every time the stupid thing shows up on HBO or Showtime or one of the other premium channels...

"Madagascar" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0351283/

Which gave me an idea for my movie, which then changed about 16 times until I shot the footage today. Which changed it again, of course.
Old May 4th, 2007, 04:51 AM   #20
Trustee

I just got back the other day from a gig in LA so I missed out on UWOL3's theme on the 1st.

At first I was totally bummed when I saw what it was cause I'm flying out to Yellowstone in a few weeks and I could have done something really wild there.

So now, I have to think of something to do here in Iowa.
Well, I wracked my brain and have the inkling of something. It's more of a concept then an idea.

Hopefully today I can gel it into something more substantial.
Old May 4th, 2007, 05:24 AM   #21
Trustee

You've got more than I've got then Kevin....I'm still have that 'derrrrrr' where do I take this look on my face !
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:05 AM   #22
Trustee

Just in the nick of time I got an email from a composer asking for a link on my web site. That happens a lot, but this time I liked the music, and could see a real use for it in this challenge, so I traded a prominent link in exchange for the rights to some of his music. I don't consider it a conflict to post links like that when I actually like the music.

I hope you guys like the music, because this guy seems pretty talented, and the prices are pretty reasonable when he has something you need.

I have always found that getting appropriate music for challenges like this is, well, a challenge in itself. To fall into a few good tunes at just the right time bodes well for this challenge, I hope.

I shot my footage yesterday. I think I may even have the "Awww, isn't that cute" factor wrapped up this time. If the footage I shot comes out right, I would do better with a female judge. Can we get a female judge this time please?
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:21 PM   #23
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz View Post
... I hope you guys like the music, because this guy seems pretty talented, and the prices are pretty reasonable when he has something you need. ...
... I shot my footage yesterday. I think I may even have the "Awww, isn't that cute" factor wrapped up this time. If the footage I shot comes out right, I would do better with a female judge. Can we get a female judge this time please?
I liked the music Steven and it put me on the idea that maybe I'll try to make my own soundtrack for uwol#3. Not that I am an expert of a kind, but it would be fun trying. Yesterday I was out videoing "The Wild" and I think I'm on to something. At first when I read the theme, I thought: Thank you Meryem, but it isn't easy to put thoughts on tape :)
As for the female judge I think, male or female, will all be judging us for the work we're doing :) Before uploading I've been showing my videos for family and friends, and listen to theire comments. For uwol#2 I had 2 videos and I picked the one they didn't like... I guess I'm one of the smart guys :(
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:25 PM   #24
Trustee

Actually, with my footage, I not only need a female, but one that is a mother. Yep! That's the ticket.

I am kidding, of course. Well, maybe. Not really.
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #25
Inner Circle

Good evening,

with the ability to use a larger file, I was wondering what sizes of compression you might be using.
shooting wide screen and using sorenson 3 could you go to full resolution???

some thoughts would be interesting.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge