UWOL - Injuries and pains for your art !! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old May 21st, 2007, 08:31 AM   #1
Trustee

UWOL - Injuries and pains for your art !!

Well guys I've had to post this because UWOL 3 ended up with a trip to the hospital. I have completed over 35 miles cross country walking in the last 2 weeks and over 20 in the last 3 days.

It left me with a huge blister which has now infected my whole foot and I now can't walk, I'm now on anti-biotics and lots of pain killer....man it hurts!

Anyway this thead is to tell everyone about your pains, strains and complains while creating your films.

See here if you really feel the need :)
http://www.3dvisions.co.uk/temp/MatsFoot.jpg
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:07 AM   #2
Trustee

Oooohhhh, that must have hurt terrible. All my sympathie to you Mat!

Luckily I didn't get any injuries or pains, even if I went out to a place where no man has been before!!!

Fine that you managed to get finished the shooting Mat, and think of all the uwol-films you can download in your convalescent periode!

All the best Mat;
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:12 AM   #3
Wrangler

fortunately for you all (UWOL), i am not going to show you any photos of the stomach flu i suffered in bhutan, where i shot my entry, speaking of injuries sustained....

but i do think nature and outdoors shooters are the only shooters who really suffer for their art. keep those stories coming....!

you can bet that those studio shooters have never had to clean bird poop off their camera bags....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:24 AM   #4
Trustee

You've got my sympathy, Mat.
I hope you recover soon.
All I got for uwol#3, was some bird poop (eh, shit is something else, eh?) in my head.
Lucky me, they didn't hit my camera and after all I got soap at home :)

Last edited by Geir Inge; May 21st, 2007 at 03:54 PM. Reason: the reason for editing is "poop"
Geir Inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:43 AM   #5
Trustee

Mat

Sincerest wishes on a quick recovery, and Meryem hope you are better too?

Mat, I think you should receive an honorary mention on this one, whether or not you win the challenge. Obviously you have a compassion and zeal for your art and the saying "going the extra mile" doesn't do justice to what you have done here. We will all keep this in mind when we watch your entry (I haven't checked, did you put one up after all of this?).

Now to the rest of us who have remained healthy and uninjured through this challenge.... this is not a bad thing!

Geir! I must say, between you, Per and Trond the Norwegians sure add a good dose of humor and spice to the group! I'm so glad to know you!

GET WELL MAT! WE NEED YOU HEALTHY FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE! Perhaps Meryem, you should go easy on all of us in UWOL4 and suggest a topic like "in the backyard" or how about "relaxing by the stream" HA!

Sincerely,

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 03:45 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Mat, I hope you recover well, and real soon.
All the best for you.

You have shown true UWOL spirit!!
No matter what it takes, no matter how much pain you got... you still went out there to get your footage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Russell View Post
Perhaps Meryem, you should go easy on all of us in UWOL4 and suggest a topic like "in the backyard" or how about "relaxing by the stream" HA!
I can imagine the title for the uwol4: "recovery", haha.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 07:19 PM   #7
Wrangler

i like the new n improved theme suggestions!

how about "beer in the backyard"--i could shoot video of myself cutting the lawn and communing with nature while enjoying a beverage. now there's some visual interest.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:19 PM   #8
Major Player

Mat, I hope your blister heals soon! I'll keep you in mind. And I hope you will be good to go for the next one!

Meryem, I hope you get well too! Someone's got keep me inline! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
i like the new n improved theme suggestions!

how about "beer in the backyard"--i could shoot video of myself cutting the lawn and communing with nature while enjoying a beverage. now there's some visual interest.
Haha, that would be funny, actually... Wait, how should we trust your judging then? hahaha, Just kidding!

Get well soon you two!
~Gabriel

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge