DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Uwol tools (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/95492-uwol-tools.html)

Geir Inge May 31st, 2007 12:47 PM

Uwol tools

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, Oslo calling :)
Stuck in a hotelroom I had to do something useful (for a change).
I've made three schema to use for helping out planning, in field and editing our wildlife films. It's free to download and use, and feel free to change them.
Hope some of you find it useful. It's made in Word (Office), so I dont know if it will work on Mac?
The protocol is useful in field, but I use it in the evening running through my tapes. The editing schema is useful so you easy can find what tape and scenes where used in your film. Not all of us have a great memory :)
The storyboard is... Yes, a storyboard :)
It's my way of saying thank you and try to give something back to great uwol gang.
Please tell me if there is any kind of problem downloading the files and remember to mark your tapes :)

Geir Inge

Mat Thompson June 25th, 2007 08:28 AM

Good 'uwol spirit' Geir........Cheers :)

Dale Guthormsen June 28th, 2007 11:22 AM

Geir,

This go around I am going to use your storyboard page in the planing stage.
thanks for taking the time to throw these out there.

Can't wait till sunday for the theme!!

Geir Inge June 28th, 2007 01:33 PM

Not at all, Dale. It's a pleasure :)
For greater projects I'm using a storyboard prg called Frameforge 3D studio, and for uwol I'm just using simple text in planning, maybe with some photos of the area I'm filming in or clip arts.
Likewise I'm eager to start on uwol4. 1th July I have to celebrate my mother, she's 72. Afterwords I'm on to the task.
I've asked me free from work 3 days next week to do the uwol#4, then I'll be back on job for some days, and 14th july I'm off to Sweden with my family :)
I see there's many new players, thats fun and gives it an extra excitement.
I wish you good luck Dale.

Kevin Railsback June 28th, 2007 06:40 PM

I'd love to see some storyboards to compare with the finished films.

I usually come up with an idea and then walk around until I see something that fits the theme and then I shoot it and figure out how it goes together later.

I've storyboarded fictional works before but for nature and wildlife stuff, I just go by feel.

Geir Inge August 18th, 2007 05:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well as I told in another tread I've been busy because I'll soon be starting in a new job, so there's a lot of things I have to settle. Here's my 2 storyboards and my voiceover script, for UWOL#4. First I did a research on the internet on the topic "Water", and I soon realized there were several ways of approaching this task. So I had to chose one to fit for my 3 min story. And I had to ask myself Mr Geir Inge; What do you want to show the audience?
Well, I had just a few days off to make this film so I just went to my homeplace, The island Kvamsoy and decided to make a tour in my red canoe. Not an easy task, because this is in an area where the "four strong winds blow", one hour the sea is calm, the next it's blowing your shirt off :)
Then I had to do some editing and I had to change my script/storyboard. I made a new one from the scenes I've got on tape, and there you are.
Because of the file size you have to download my storyboards from my server.
All made in Microsoft Word.

Storyboard nr 1: First storyboard

Storyboard nr 2: Final storyboard